Home

NHL 12 - Oilers vs. Wild (Full Game)

This is a discussion on NHL 12 - Oilers vs. Wild (Full Game) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #9
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 12 - Oilers vs. Wild (Full Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Looks like I will need to adjust the sliders to make the game more realistic. Each side must have had 100 shots each which is far from realistic. Zero defense, no offsides, no icing..........put me down for concerned if this is how the game plays out of the box.
+1

If I can't get the sliders to play at least a 10 minute period of good solid hockey, I'm gonna be really pissed. I've been playing the demo on superstar hardcore, and it's been ok but, I can see things getting out of hand. I really don't want to see 20+ SOG a period (for one team) because this generation of d-bag kids can't concentrate for more than 7 minutes.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #10
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I perfer the 5 man canned cutscenes we had last year to what they did this year to be honest. Unless they plan on going full on real time presentation next year/in the near future I'd hope they can just go back to what we had in 11 on goal celebrations.
Me too, Real.

Sometimes it seems like it'd be a good idea for the devs to have an outsider there, to kinda check things out. Ya know...to give them possibly a different perspective.

To have been able to say..."Ah...on the tv, they always show the players gather together after a goal." "Especially, an important one." "Not having that this year is, well...kinda dumb."

Like I said earlier... strange they went backwards on this.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #11
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Looks like I will need to adjust the sliders to make the game more realistic. Each side must have had 100 shots each which is far from realistic. Zero defense, no offsides, no icing..........put me down for concerned if this is how the game plays out of the box.
I'm hoping that the sliders have a substantial impact on gameplay. I have seen a few comments on like the penalty sliders having little or no effect at all. Like they are just place holders within the game. Hope that's not the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Me too, Real.

Sometimes it seems like it'd be a good idea for the devs to have an outsider there, to kinda check things out. Ya know...to give them possibly a different perspective.

To have been able to say..."Ah...on the tv, they always show the players gather together after a goal." "Especially, an important one." "Not having that this year is, well...kinda dumb."

Like I said earlier... strange they went backwards on this.
I would much rather see the camera ZOOM OUT after a goal. That way you would see the players gather for a group celebration in front of the net or corner AND the crowd cheering from a more "broadcast view" perspective.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyShanfield
I would much rather see the camera ZOOM OUT after a goal. That way you would see the players gather for a group celebration in front of the net or corner AND the crowd cheering from a more "broadcast view" perspective.
This exact celebration was in NHL2004 and it was my favorite by far.
I've yet to see it return and I cry about it on here all the time.

I hope they look into that for NHL13. Definitely a great post-goal angle.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #14
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyShanfield
This would be excellent.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #15
Rookie

russwg1970's Arena

OVR: 5
Wow, and I thought the Madden crowd was tough. I'm playing the season pass version, and It's playing a really good game of hockey. Really liking the net battles in front of the net in BAP mode (using Roenick in the Legend Mode). Also, it's seems to play a little smoother than the demo. The game is NEVER going to be perfect OR 100% realistic. Just not gonna happen. What's there is good, really good. Does the game have some issues, of course.... Is it FUN to play, you bet your *** it is!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #16
Rookie

IrishNDFan's Arena

OVR: 0

I just can not wait to pick this game up. So excited about this, I may take the day after off of work since I will be up playing all night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »