Home

FIFA 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3, PC)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3, PC) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:10 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA 12 Demo Available Now For 360 and PC, Later Today For PS3, Post Impressions

The word over on the Xbox forums is that high demand for the FIFA demo crashed the server... Dont know if there is any truth to that but kinda amusing if it is.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: FIFA 12 Demo Available Now For 360 and PC, Later Today For PS3, Post Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuhockeycj
The word over on the Xbox forums is that high demand for the FIFA demo crashed the server... Dont know if there is any truth to that but kinda amusing if it is.

No not now
Old 09-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #11
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

after downloading it twice, the first download got corrupted, played 1 game and i know everything i need to know about fifa 12.

its beautiful, its smooth, its controls well, its not football.....

defense is the same garbage its been for years.
star players wont take you on 1v1
goals come from crosses

couldn't see anything smart about the new AI from the CPU because i cant get consistent pressure on players IMO skill under pressure/being marked is what sets apart great players ex. i press the man with possesion he passes it, the man recieving the ball depending on skill, could: dummy, 1 2 pass , flick it on, chip, hold up play, mis play it, trap it perfect, miss the pass etc.

none of this is possible in fifa because as usual no one is marking anyone, and they definately are not marking tight unless i do it manually. So when mark 1 player they pass i switch but as usual the player i get is miles off his man. I AM SICK OF THE CPU GETTING A FREE PASS UP THE FIELD. in the box CB's are 5yds off strikers when marking them....

well. i am getting the season pass to see if the sliders can give user AI any sense. I dont need more than 1 game with this demo to know what fifa is about. IF I CAN GET MY D TO PLAY THIS GAME CAN BE VERY GOOD.

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

My download went to 99% and timed out. Re-downloading it now. Effin servers...
Old 09-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #13
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

I can't access it. Some stupid error coming up.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 09-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #14
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
after downloading it twice, the first download got corrupted, played 1 game and i know everything i need to know about fifa 12.

its beautiful, its smooth, its controls well, its not football.....

defense is the same garbage its been for years.
star players wont take you on 1v1
goals come from crosses

couldn't see anything smart about the new AI from the CPU because i cant get consistent pressure on players IMO skill under pressure/being marked is what sets apart great players ex. i press the man with possesion he passes it, the man recieving the ball depending on skill, could: dummy, 1 2 pass , flick it on, chip, hold up play, mis play it, trap it perfect, miss the pass etc.

none of this is possible in fifa because as usual no one is marking anyone, and they definately are not marking tight unless i do it manually. So when mark 1 player they pass i switch but as usual the player i get is miles off his man. I AM SICK OF THE CPU GETTING A FREE PASS UP THE FIELD. in the box CB's are 5yds off strikers when marking them....

well. i am getting the season pass to see if the sliders can give user AI any sense. I dont need more than 1 game with this demo to know what fifa is about. IF I CAN GET MY D TO PLAY THIS GAME CAN BE VERY GOOD.
A solid assessment id say so far. So they went from all out pressure to non at all. Defenders should be way tighter around the box. The cpu seems to pass the ball around more because your team is in better defensive position as a whole but it doesnt seem right when absolutely no one pressures .

The hatrick of gameplay is just another box art bullet point no big deal kinda along side whats going on with NHL 12 any changes are very subtle and unless you played the crap outta 11 Joe shmo probably wont even see a difference between 11 and 12.

The ai seems a little better to me and my players are making more or better runs overlapping full backs is nice now i dont have to scream at them to do it.

Early verdict is its very much along the lines of NHL 12 in that it seems improved but its very subtle.
Sliders may be the key to this one.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

No not now
Hey Tomba, can you give your impressions on the broadcast cam? Any changes this year? In the past I had problems playing on the other side of the field cause the camera didn't zoom in. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

I am not liking what I am hearing so far. I may have to do the unthinkable and get PES this year. I really have great hopes for this game.

My question is this: Does it play better than FIFA 11?

I am disappointed because it seems that despite all of their talk, the game is still the same or worse. I don't see howmthey could, allgedly at least, do all that work and there seems to be no effective defense, poor AI, and stars that don't act like they are stars.

I hope when I get home from work I can play it and have a positive impression.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »