Home

FIFA 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3, PC)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3, PC) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #17
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: FIFA 12 Demo Available Now For 360 and PC, Later Today For PS3, Post Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Hey Tomba, can you give your impressions on the broadcast cam? Any changes this year? In the past I had problems playing on the other side of the field cause the camera didn't zoom in. Thanks.
I know this might not be the place. But I HAVE played the new side pitch view in PES2012. and all i can say is WOW so much better than last years broadcast ...

My live is still down once it's up and the demo's downloaded i'll give my impression of it as gameplay i can only imagine is spot on
Old 09-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 12 Demo Available Now For 360 and PC, Later Today For PS3, Post Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I am not liking what I am hearing so far. I may have to do the unthinkable and get PES this year. I really have great hopes for this game.

My question is this: Does it play better than FIFA 11?

I am disappointed because it seems that despite all of their talk, the game is still the same or worse. I don't see howmthey could, allgedly at least, do all that work and there seems to be no effective defense, poor AI, and stars that don't act like they are stars.

I hope when I get home from work I can play it and have a positive impression.
Not to knock this thread off its track, but reasons for this might be because they don't really change much from year to year, just re-label them.

Check out this video that holds some truth despite its comical nature:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDP--...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by PeruvianPlaya954; 09-13-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #19
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

^^^ his vids are spot on.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #20
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Legendary, and slow game speed. Try it. If you try and play real defense by closing down passing lanes and play your angles right, the CPU will build up their play.

Also, tackling is a whole new ball game. Better time your challenges right.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #21
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Can you adjust the difficulty and game speed in the demo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #22
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

How effective are the sliders? I read that you can edit them in the demo.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 12

I thought I'd share a cool little play I captured from the demo just now.

I was Milan playing vs. Arsenal and the cpu made a nice little move against me which a) I would never see done against me in FIFA 09 (my only football gaming experience) and b) would have been a for sure goal against me.

I thought it was really nice help from my ai teammate.

I'll be back with some more in depth impressions later.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

^ That was great and it shows that you need to be timing your tackles well but it still irks me that after the through ball to the corner, NO ONE tried closing down Wilshere before he got into the box. Your closest CB didn't press out, the outside mid didn't track back, no CDM tracking back to cover your CB going to pressure the ball and your other CB and RB made no attempt to guard the players tight right in front of goal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »