Home

NHL 12 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 12 Review (360/PS3)

As I said earlier this week, NHL 12 is in a peculiar position. Its bevy of small, but meaningful, changes might slip past all but the most knowledgeable hockey fans, yet its major modes remain relatively untouched. Casual fans might appreciate the new additions like the Winter Classic, but the longtime users may find that the excellent gameplay is no longer enough to keep them interested.

Read More - NHL 12 Review (360/PS3)

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
One thing that bugged the hell out of me in NHL11 was shootout modes online. If you win, you get a loss. Sometimes you lost, and you got a win. It was mind blowing stupid. Never understood why they couldn't fix that. I'll be skipping this years game, not enough changes for me and I'm sure there will be cheap goals that won't be fixed for months which will of course be abused online. I'll try a soccer or a basketball game this year and come back to this one in a couple of years when actual changes come forward.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
The bug infested NCAA 12 gets an 8.5, and this gets an 8? I'm speechless.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Hockey just isn't appreciated as much as football is.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3
Yeah I have to say after playing several seasons of Online Dynasty that NCAA 12 is way overrated.
The flaws in NCAA are probably much worse. Especially the gameplay and AI flaws.
NHL12 should at least be = NCAA 12 review score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
"NHL 12 is the best playing hockey game EA has made, at least in this generation of consoles."

8 out of 10

Huh.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
Rookie

chelios7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 12 Review (360/PS3)

So its a great game of hockey that improved on things for hardcore players, but casuals will find it boring. But its the best hockey game perhaps of all time. All Time. Best.

8 out of 10.

That makes no sense.

EDIT: We live in a very sad world when a knock against a game is that its EXCELLENT gameplay just isnt enough to keep people interested.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 12 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelios7
So its a great game of hockey that improved on things for hardcore players, but casuals will find it boring. But its the best hockey game perhaps of all time. All Time. Best.

8 out of 10.

That makes no sense.

EDIT: We live in a very sad world when a knock against a game is that its EXCELLENT gameplay just isnt enough to keep people interested.
The Show is the best baseball game of all time, but I don't think it deserves more than 8 out of 10 this year. And for the same reasons apparently: the developers have essentially stopped moving the series forward in any meaningful way, and appear to be simply waiting for next-gen to do something new.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »