Home

Some Tiger Woods 12 PC Customers Are Getting Refunds

This is a discussion on Some Tiger Woods 12 PC Customers Are Getting Refunds within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Some Tiger Woods 12 PC Customers Are Getting Refunds

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters' PC and Mac version is quickly becoming a disaster for EA Sports. As Gamespy calls it, the game is "a re-skinned version of free-to-play title Tiger Woods Online."

EA's forums shows customers who are are livid as they rail against the product. In some cases, Gamers are actually getting refunds for their purchase.

While it's good customer service to offer customers refunds of what amounts to a pretty crappy product, one wonders just who thought it was a good idea to release the game in the first place in its current form? This is the type of milking of the customer which many within the community despise big-box publishers for.

We haven't reviewed the PC Version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters on the PC yet -- and so far no one else has either. Our guess is that the sales are going to be so low, this will be a story soon forgotten by the gaming masses.
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
EA is really losing credibility with the 2012 cycle of games in my opinion.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2
lazy! EA is lazy! no competition from any other golf or football games REALLY makes them lazy! no motivation! no urge to go out and make the best product! BUT we keep buying because we are major heavyweight fans of these sports! so nothing will ever change
Old 09-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
I am pretty much to the point that it is going to take a lot for EA to get me to buy another one other their products. I didn't buy this product but at this point I just see EA as a greedy machine that needs feed and doesn't care how it makes a buck. They may makes some decent games in other genres but I feel EA Sports has just gotten bad. It is sad because I have been playing the College Football series with friends since the Bill Walsh days. I do not want to quit this tradition, but I am to the point I can't see rewarding EA with my money. Show me your making better products and you can win me back, but for now, I am out. EA will always be good at hype, go back to showing me "It is in the game"!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
EA is really losing credibility with the 2012 cycle of games in my opinion.
Couldn't agree more. Frustration after the last couple years of lackluster titles, along with other companies raising the bar, has resulted in a horrible cycle of games in 2011.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
There are two reviews. One on the 10th and the other on the 12th.

http://truepcgaming.com/2011/09/10/t...ers-pc-review/

http://www.ggsgamer.com/2011/09/12/r...he-masters-pc/

Last edited by tigersucks; 09-14-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #7
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
this year i said that i will not buy one ea sports game, and i am sticking to it. no ncaa, no madden, not when the price drops, not even used. i'm down to one game now - nba 2k. not wasting time on trying to adjust sliders to make ea games actually playable has left me doing more productive things with my free time.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:17 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
Well, it's not the year of Tiger Woods but he should "cash in" hard after EA for using and associate his name into this piece of trash. I know I would...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »