Home

NBA 2K12 Screenshot - NBA's Greatest Matchup (95-96 Bulls vs 95-96 Sonics)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Screenshot - NBA's Greatest Matchup (95-96 Bulls vs 95-96 Sonics) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K12 Screenshot - NBA's Greatest Matchup (95-96 Bulls vs Sonics)

It may be a small thing to some people, but it's real nice to see the rosters that were included last year getting a lot more filled out. Some may scoff at the notion that any of us care about players outside the starting five, but I'm happy to see the likes of Frank Brickowski, John Salley, Dickey Simpkins, Vincent Askew and Ervin Johnson (who actually is a starter) making appearances this year. It's only going to add to the authenticity.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
Rookie

Ken North's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
I just wished Pippen's Legends year would have been 1993-1994 (No Jordan) and that way you run the offense completely through Pippen. We would of had a young Kukoc coming of the bench. Anyways I'm so pump up to play Magic vs Knicks 1995 and Nuggets vs Rockets 1994.
Agreed, that would have been a lot more fun.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
I just wished Pippen's Legends year would have been 1993-1994 (No Jordan) and that way you run the offense completely through Pippen. We would of had a young Kukoc coming of the bench. Anyways I'm so pump up to play Magic vs Knicks 1995 and Nuggets vs Rockets 1994.
I agree with this one as well. Of course, I'd only be cool with such a move if it meant the '93 Bulls and Hornets (and '96 Bulls and Sonics) were still included in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #12
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas

Last edited by Paul Pierce_OS; 09-18-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 12

I also think it is in very poor taste towards Pippen that he is not give a challenge game that is truly his, from the year he played without MJ.

I don't know how many of you know this, but the bulls record after MJ retired the first time was 55-27, only two wins short of their previous, championship, year.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #14
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
I don't know how many of you know this, but the bulls record after MJ retired the first time was 55-27, only two wins short of their previous, championship, year.
I knew that--of course a lot of Bulls fans and hard core basketball fans do as well. But that's a good point, and a point that I always bring up when I argue that Jordan is the best to ever play the game. That stat shows that he truly did make his teammates better. MJ was hard on Horace Grant, he would have shooting games with BJ Armstrong even after his retirement, and he practically made Pippen; if you think Pip would have been that good without MJ's influence you are on an illegal substance. That team without MJ won two less games than they did the previous year with him--that says a lot about how good MJ made them, but says just as much about how good a player Pippen really was. SLAM magazine to this day still makes comments about how Pip--and no disrespect to Hakeem--should have won the MVP in '93-'94. The Dream was the best player no doubt, but Pip was the most valuable to his team.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I knew that--of course a lot of Bulls fans and hard core basketball fans do as well. But that's a good point, and a point that I always bring up when I argue that Jordan is the best to ever play the game. That stat shows that he truly did make his teammates better. MJ was hard on Horace Grant, he would have shooting games with BJ Armstrong even after his retirement, and he practically made Pippen; if you think Pip would have been that good without MJ's influence you are on an illegal substance. That team without MJ won two less games than they did the previous year with him--that says a lot about how good MJ made them, but says just as much about how good a player Pippen really was. SLAM magazine to this day still makes comments about how Pip--and no disrespect to Hakeem--should have won the MVP in '93-'94. The Dream was the best player no doubt, but Pip was the most valuable to his team.
My best memory of '94 Pip - All-Star Game:

Well, actually, unfortunately this is also what I remember about Pip in '94:

But in truth, with full bias, I thought this guy was the '94 MVP (30ppg, 11rpg, 5apg, 3bpg, 1spg):

At least Sports Illustrated agreed with me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #16
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Want....sonics.....green....and...yellow...jerseys ....and....the old green....floor..

I'm still running an association with the Sonics either way. Gotta use my man Kemp and Glove.
Wait, you can use the old teams in the association mode?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »