Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Part Two)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Part Two) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #17
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Part Two)

cool preview...but weren't we supposed to get the answers to the questions we wrote in that other thread?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Really like these MP improvements.
"The NBA logos can go all around the headband, including the back (no upside down logos, NBA doesn't allow it)

Commentators talk about how your game was in school, how there are scouts looking at all the players at the game. Other players want to be that lotto pick, so you will see players want to get noticed by the scouts.

Some people don't understand what a small foward should do. This year, there is an option that can be turned on or off called, run plays. Players can view dotted lines on the court, instead of running around trying to get open, etc. They can now see where to set the pick, where to shoot and learn the strategy of the game, instead of just running around trying to get open.

Last year, you started at a 38 - 40 player rating and couldn’t hit the broadside of the barn. This year you start in the low 60’s, so players can feel a little more confident with their skill level. Skill points will cost more.

Halftime recap shows things you did good and things you can improve on.

Fans will remember what you say in pre-draft interviews and from the sounds of it, will boo you when you travel to their arenas, if you are not drafted by them.

There are nine drills. The only returning drill is the shooting drill, everything else is new. I didn’t get to see what the other eight drills were.

Over 500 press conference events, specific to what is going on. For example, why didn’t you take the last second shot? Why did u pass it off? This will affect your team chemistry, fan support, etc
."

I cant wait to play MP.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #19
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7
Still no association mode review. Hope theirs an insight of it in the future.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wait this game, amazing videos, i like everything about 2kSports and NBA, waiting for the lockout is lifted
Old 09-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4
"The team decided to take out a few things, including the D-League, to get your player to the NBA quicker. They also give you an option, instead of playing all 82 games, players can play roughly 10 to 15 key matchups. This will keep things moving, for those that don’t have the time or patience to play all the games."

Sweet!! Now I won't have to worry about playing every game and can anyone say milestones!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #22
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2
chris you shouldve asked about alternate jerseys for my player other than good stuff
Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 13
Enjoyed the writeup and am looking forward to release day, although I am severely disappointed in not being able to play with Classic Teams online (unranked). Seriously? The only reason I can think of for purposely leaving this FEATURE out of this release is to include it as a new feature NEXT year. Again, some of the luster is lost in this title because of their decision.

BigBlue
Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #24
MVP

XenoZograscope's Arena

OVR: 15

Cant wait for the demo tomorrow, its gonna hold me over just fine until Oct 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD OF LIFE
idc what you think man, only god can jude me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »