Home

FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

For those of you with EA Sports Season Ticket, FIFA 12 is available now for both 360 and PS3 users.

Please post your impressions after playing the Season Ticket early release. If you would like to ask a question about the final version of FIFA 12, please use the Question & Answer thread.

Remember, this topic is for impressions of the game, not comparisons or general discussion of the FIFA series, EA Sports, or anything else. FIFA 12 impressions only, please.

Post deemed to be outside the realm of FIFA 12 impressions are subject to deletion. Thank you for your cooperation.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by Qb; 09-23-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA12 Season Ticket Early Release Impressions (READ 1st POST)

just finished a game fulham(me) vs chelsea and i am impressed with this game.

i went straight for the sliders especially the marking slider.

am i am happy to report it works. Its not as perfect as the cpu ability to recognise/play their man but your players seem as if they know they are on the pitch now and that means they have to try.

when you switch to a player now he is somewhat in good position and more important running at top speed in the right direction when the situation calls forr it

i have also seen alot of user AI interceptions and tackles but its not perfect and i have definately seen it done better in football games

what we need now is mid fielders tracking back on D your back 4 is still too exposed to first attacks

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
just finished a game fulham(me) vs chelsea and i am impressed with this game.

i went straight for the sliders especially the marking slider.

am i am happy to report it works. Its not as perfect as the cpu ability to recognise/play their man but your players seem as if they know they are on the pitch now and that means they have to try.

when you switch to a player now he is somewhat in good position and more important running at top speed in the right direction when the situation calls forr it

i have also seen alot of user AI interceptions and tackles but its not perfect and i have definately seen it done better in football games

what we need now is mid fielders tracking back on D your back 4 is still too exposed to first attacks
If you could keep messing with sliders and seeing their effect, that would be great.

In terms of midfielders tracking back, custom tactics usually help a bit. If you look at the default ones, most midfielders are set to just normal or low for defense, unless they're a DM.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 14

Just got done my first game and I am really happy with this game. Obviously the sliders are going to play a key factor into making the game feel better. I really like the physics engine in place , its not perfect , but it really does a good job. Nothing to over the top that ive seen so far.

The audio seemed pretty good to me as well. The crowd was really getting into it when I finally scored a goal in my comeback attempt.

Visually the game is beautiful. Player faces and bodies and hairstyles all got touched up on and it looks great.

Gotta mess with the sliders and see what we can improve upon , but overall , very good game!

twitter.com/tyfromphilly
Xbox One GT - TyFromPhilly

TCSG NBA 2k15 League - http://tyfromphilly.wix.com/tcsgleague

That Connection Sim Gaming Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8g...1ggCIaZkeOUxNA
Old 09-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

the sliders are looking great there is one line length that looks like it hepls the back 4 and the mid fielders not leave acres between the two units on D..

using fulham i am making united make atleast 6-10 passes before they can sniff the box even in my half and i will say the cpu has brains and not just mindless run foward attacking it just took having real competent D for the user to force them to look for other options.

so far so good.

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Seriously feels (with slider adjustments) like you're playing a real game.

The amount of animations shot variety and player likeness is staggering for well known teams.

My immediate reaction to the gameplay is the immediate reaction i had to playing Winning Eleven on Gamecube. "How did they do this?'

Without going into too much detail let's just say that gameplay wise player graphic and animation wise Fifa 12 is the PINNACLE of sports video gaming.

Initial reaction is one of wow.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Fellas, please use the FIFA12 Question & Answer Thread to ask questions. I moved several over to it already, including two about fouls (hint, hint)...

EDIT: Sven, I see you posted while I was posting... the 360 ST download is available, PS3 should be up in a few hours. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited by Qb; 09-23-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 14

I would like to say I dont like how the online matches are. You dont get to see what team the other player is picking or what jersey he is wearing. I just got done playing Spain , me using Bayern Munchen , we were both wearing red jerseys...smh... and had I known he was going international I would have selected international as well.

On the flipside of that , I LOVE the fact that the games are just a tad longer , I believe last year they were 6 min halves , this year they feel more 8 or 10. Also love the fact that all the rediculous exploits from last year dont work. This guy tried dribbling sidelines and just sending up crosses. I like to work the ball and build up attacks. I ended up beating him 2-0 so that felt good to beat those type of players.

twitter.com/tyfromphilly
Xbox One GT - TyFromPhilly

TCSG NBA 2k15 League - http://tyfromphilly.wix.com/tcsgleague

That Connection Sim Gaming Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8g...1ggCIaZkeOUxNA

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »