Home

Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 4 Details, Available Tomorrow (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 4 Details, Available Tomorrow (360, PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 4 Details, Available Tomorrow (360, PS3)

Donny Moore has posted details on the Madden NFL 12 week 4 roster update, which will be available tomorrow morning.

Quote:
The biggest movers from Week 4 on the positive side are WR Victor Cruz (NYG) with a 8 point boost this week (now 72 overall), WR Torrey Smith (BAL) going +6 to 75 overall, and H-Back James Casey going up 6 points as well to 76 overall after a 5 catch/120+ yards/1 touchdown performance on Sunday.

Some of the biggest movers on the negative side are OL Phil Costa (from 68 to 63 overall), LB Aaron Curry (from 82 to 78 overall) and OL Chris Chester (from 78 to 74 overall).

We also have some major movement in terms of team overalls. The Raiders and Bills are big winners this week – OAK goes up +5 to an 80 overall and BUF goes up +5 as well to 82 overall. The Philadelphia Eagles suffer the biggest drop in this week’s update, falling 3 overall points to 90 overall.
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
Pro

stopper654's Arena

OVR: 14
wow so many decreases for the eagles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The EAGLES Are The Most Dominate Team In The NFC Beast And The Best Team In The League, I Will BLEED GREEN For The Rest Of My Life, So To Any Team Who Thinks They Can Test Us Then If You Want Some Then Come Get Some. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PSN: Stopper654
Old 09-29-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 4 Details, Available Tomorrow (360, PS3)

The ratings changes from week to week are absurd in this game. I appreciate the effort Donny Moore puts into them, but these changes seem childish and impulsive rather than level-headed and reasonable.

Part of the problem, of course, is that seemingly everyone worth a grain of salt in this game is rated between 70-99 already. If the typical ratings spread was from 30-99 instead of 70-99, then maybe these 3-5 point OVR changes wouldn't be so drastic. As it stands, changing a player from 70-76 OVR in one week (for example) means that they have just come 20% closer to being the perfect player on the basis of one football game. Ridiculous.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
The ratings changes from week to week are absurd in this game. I appreciate the effort Donny Moore puts into them, but these changes seem childish and impulsive rather than level-headed and reasonable.

Part of the problem, of course, is that seemingly everyone worth a grain of salt in this game is rated between 70-99 already. If the typical ratings spread was from 30-99 instead of 70-99, then maybe these 3-5 point OVR changes wouldn't be so drastic. As it stands, changing a player from 70-76 OVR in one week (for example) means that they have just come 20% closer to being the perfect player on the basis of one football game. Ridiculous.
Totally agree with this. What they should do is ratings the first week of every month. Inbetween, they should only do contracts and roster transactions.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
Rookie

CzingerX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

I agree. Some changing is okay, if somebody does amazing or really bad for half the year. They really need to stick to just roster moves, injuries, and equipment updates, and I would still be very happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 11:21 PM   #6
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

Quote:

the guy from madden 10 claimed that the ratings system had been re-done...
Old 09-30-2011, 12:54 AM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SincerelYourz
the guy from madden 10 claimed that the ratings system had been re-done...
They re-did them for one year and went back to the same flawed logic just because they couldn't implement the new "expanded" ratings correctly.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:27 AM   #8
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

The ratings are a little absurd but not worth the effort of changing myself.

** For those not aware of a couple roster changes not noted in this update.

Donnie Avery goes to Titans. Could make some noise with Hasselbeck at the helm and how he's playing this year.

Steve Slaton
goes to Dolphins off waivers. D. Thomas hurt himself in practice so Slaton could see some action, who knows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »