Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20
Forza Motorsport 4 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Forza Motorsport 4 demo is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Download it from the Marketplace or queue it up right here.

Here are some of the details, courtesy of Eurogamer.

Quote:
The demo includes a quick race option on the Bernese Alps track.

A taster of the new Rivals mode - a competitive option similar to Need for Speed's Autolog - is also included.

Players will be able to test drive the Kia cee'd, 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator, 2011 Subaru WRX STI and 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO.
Platform: Xbox 360
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Forza 4 now on xbl marketplace

You beat me to it

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4

beautiful graphics and the physics are spot-on. the 3 demo cars handle very differently. the cougar needs throttle-steering around the corners to really bring it to life and you really feel like you're right on the edge of control, the wrx is stable in the straights, but needs a little more love in the corners due to the understeer, and the ferrari has very predictable handling, but is a beast to tame. simulation steering is absolutely the way to go if you're good on the sticks or have a wheel. i can't say enough about how happy i am that there is an option this year for NO assisted steering. if i jerk the car into a wall this year, it's my own fault.

my only concern at this point is the difficulty. with ALL of the assists off, including abs, everything set to simulation (steering included), and the ai on medium, i routinely spanked the second place driver by no fewer than 10 seconds each race. haven't tried expert yet, but i'm afraid it's going to be similar to last year where medium is too easy and expert is too difficult.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Pros-
-Graphics look a little better.
-The sense of fast speed is finally in the game. No more going 120mph and it feeling slow.
-no more excessive oversteering.
-The engines sound way better.
-The interiors of the cars look better then forza3.
Cons-
-I notice framerate problems on the mirrors. It's not a big deal, but it does bother a bit.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb
my only concern at this point is the difficulty. with ALL of the assists off, including abs, everything set to simulation (steering included), and the ai on medium, i routinely spanked the second place driver by no fewer than 10 seconds each race. haven't tried expert yet, but i'm afraid it's going to be similar to last year where medium is too easy and expert is too difficult.
I agree totally on the difficulty.

Anyways, my quick impressions:
+Great clean menus as always
+Always loved the handling in Forza games. They just nail handling. It feels real but is still fun. Love that.
+Like the choices in cars. Ferrari 458 is a dream to drive. Pagoni Zonda C (in Rivals mode) is a beast too.
+Like that we can tinker with all the assists in the demo.
+Graphics looks great. I don't think they're a ton better than Forza 3, but they were great in 3 so no real complaints there.
-They still have the cars revving up for no reason at the start.. I hate that. Let ME controls the dang revs.
-Can't turn the background music off in the demo.. sooo annoying. Obviously, this won't be an issue in the real game, but I hate playing with background music on a racing game.

Overall, nice demo. I'm not sure if I'll purchase just b/c I wore out Forza 3 and am kinda burnt out.. plus there are just too many great games coming out in the next month. I'm not sure if there will be a whole lot of new stuff that would keep my attention. I'll probably pick it up much later when the price drops.. It looks to be a great game though for the racing fans out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb
FWIW, I read somewhere about Forza 4 that even though the user can choose the difficulty level, the game will dynamically adjust the challenge for you within that level the more you drive. This, combined with the AI competition always tailoring their PP close to yours, is supposed to make the AI more challenging this year.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Doh, looks like Xbox Live is down:

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

Gonna' have to wait until it comes back up to download.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by josef
I agree totally on the difficulty.

Anyways, my quick impressions:
+Great clean menus as always
+Always loved the handling in Forza games. They just nail handling. It feels real but is still fun. Love that.
+Like the choices in cars. Ferrari 458 is a dream to drive. Pagoni Zonda C (in Rivals mode) is a beast too.
+Like that we can tinker with all the assists in the demo.
+Graphics looks great. I don't think they're a ton better than Forza 3, but they were great in 3 so no real complaints there.
-They still have the cars revving up for no reason at the start.. I hate that. Let ME controls the dang revs.
-Can't turn the background music off in the demo.. sooo annoying. Obviously, this won't be an issue in the real game, but I hate playing with background music on a racing game.

Overall, nice demo. I'm not sure if I'll purchase just b/c I wore out Forza 3 and am kinda burnt out.. plus there are just too many great games coming out in the next month. I'm not sure if there will be a whole lot of new stuff that would keep my attention. I'll probably pick it up much later when the price drops.. It looks to be a great game though for the racing fans out there.
You can control the revs at the beginning of the race, if it's the same as Forza 3 you have to use manual clutch.

Also note on the difficulty, Forza 3's difficulty system was a bit skewed in my mind. Medium was way to easy, and hard was way too hard. They've bridged that gap more this year, I'm sure with it on Hard it will give you a good race. On medium, everyone can spank the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »