Home

NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #9
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
Like most I was expecting a 9. Overall good and fair review.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K12 (360/PS3) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachimclutch504
PLZ fix online thats why we buy the GAME this is 2011 everyone is into online...... COM'ON 2K FIX SERVERS
That is not true. I cant stand online play on anything except shooters

To many laggy games and to many cheesers to even make it worth while.

I know many love it but the off line is a master piece and lowering the grade because of the rookies is not fair because it is not 2K fault. And by next week the rookies could be back if lock out ends and no mention of that possibility
Old 10-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #11
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
The most accurate review I have read! Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #12
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
That is not true. I cant stand online play on anything except shooters

To many laggy games and to many cheesers to even make it worth while.

I know many love it but the off line is a master piece and lowering the grade because of the rookies is not fair because it is not 2K fault. And by next week the rookies could be back if lock out ends and no mention of that possibility
The game's score was mostly lowered because Online doesn't work and My Player is buggy, among other things. You are trying to put words in Dustin's mouth here which really isn't fair at all. Also, we review games AS-IS, not 'what they might be.' That's the only fair way to assess games at launch. You think the game's a masterpiece, that also means you play exclusively offline.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #13
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I still haven't fooled around with my player much but from what I hear the trade logic must be pretty bad. The association is still great I think. Greatest Mode is awesome. The Presentation in this game is THE GREATEST I have ever seen. A patch would be much appreciated for MY Player. Once that comes the game gets a 10 in my book.

The gameplay is top notch too
Association is messed up just like my player. All the trade logic and CPU blowing up teams happen on both.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #14
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
Association is messed up just like my player. All the trade logic and CPU blowing up teams happen on both.
Really? I've played about a month into association and haven't noticed it yet. The two trade offers I have got were both dumb. I just declined them. But, I don't think a single trade has actually happened yet. Only beef I've had with Association so far is that the headlines are all about rumors of trades, contract signings, or retirements. I liked how in 2K11 the majority of headlines were about games from previous nights. I could just click on the ones provided there and check out the stats and become familiar with other teams around the league. Now, I don't really know what games to check out because I don't know which ones were important. I instead have to check out all of them. However, this is a small con. But, yea if trade logic is as bad in association as in my player then 2k needs to patch it.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
One word ONLINE this is Part of our $65 dollars EA madden does the same and it will be a mutiny on here there is no excuse for how bad online is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #16
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
2K12 while phenomenal, is not a perfect game...however it is well deserving of a higher score than 8.5....#thatisall

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »