Home

Backbreaker Developer: "Very Unlikely That We Will Revisit Full-On Football Again"

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Developer: "Very Unlikely That We Will Revisit Full-On Football Again" within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #17
43M
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Backbreaker Developer: "Very Unlikely That We Will Revisit Full-On Football Again

The first Backbreaker sucked out loud.

Ive never seen more people upset that a terrible game isnt getting a sequel. Crazy.

I get people want the exclusive license to end and that some people were intrigued by their engine, but this game was crap and needed a crazy amount of work for it to be a quality game. Couldve been done, but Id much rather see the 2K guys get back into videogame football.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #18
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Backbreaker Developer: "Very Unlikely That We Will Revisit Full-On Football Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion
This is not EA's fault. Come on. NaturalMotion dug their own grave with releasing a game that wasn't quite ready, releasing a patch that then broke their not ready game, and failed to support it further.
If you've got a 360, the gameplay can be helped via roster editing and it is playable that way. It's still not great but it to me is better than Madden in that is more organic and I like that. I agree NM should have patched the running game issues after the Greathouse patch. But I suspect they couldn't afford to pay for it or they had already moved on from an organizational prospective. My complaint is that they never owned up to the running game issues and at least acknowledged the problems, especially on PS3.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #19
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Maybe one day the NFL will see the downside of the exclusive license agreement.
I really doubt they'll ever see the downside of money.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like the game because of the physics and the customizable teams. This game doesn't suck but while it has room to improve, they could of did a lot more with this game if they made a second one like an auction house to sell teams like one would do for a car in Forza and an updated Franchise with customizable gravity options.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:49 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 22
A shame, the game felt so fresh compared to the stale madden, but lacking licenses and the whole sha-bang... oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #22
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Heh, Backbreaker forum is back, with a message from NM saying they're shutting the forum down at the end of the month in favor of funneling people to Facebook. The head of development, Todd, also posted for the first time in 6 months only to edit every post in a thread for profanity.

Last edited by mestevo; 10-14-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Heh, Backbreaker forum is back, with a message from NM saying they're shutting the forum down at the end of the month in favor of funneling people to Facebook. The head of development, Todd, also posted for the first time in 6 months only to edit every post in a thread for profanity.
He edited the title which caused it to show that he edited every post.

Sad that there moving everything to facebook considering they hardly update there.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I guess this is officially "The End," then, with the Backbreaker forums shutting down.

I don't get why they wouldn't at least continue putting their games on XBLA.

Backbreaker: Vengeance actually outsold Tecmo Super Bowl: Throwback on XBLA:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Ga...by=BestSelling

BBV is ranked 226 out of 421 games on the XBLA sales charts.

Last edited by jyoung; 10-19-2011 at 10:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »