Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Forza 4 Impressions

My impressions:

Old 10-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Impressions from Tomba(Based off of NOT playing Forza 3 at all as i thought it was bland)

Cars much? I mean really there are so many.Detailed as ever. real as can be.

First things first install did NOTHING. Still has long load times Better than GT5 but still slow But then again no game of this magnitude would load fast on a console

That leads me to graphics.

Mainly tracks and lighting.

Trees moves dude...I mean THEY freaking move in the wind...

THATS detail. Probably looks as good as when we saw GT3 for the first time on PS2...

Lighting... Sick lookin' The lighting makes the game look realistic.

Say what you want but if F3 had some people thinking it beat GT5 then F4 beats GT5 and thats it

Something to mention. cockpit view. With the new lighting the new details to the inside of the car and the sesne of speed along with the rear view mirror... It is THE best in car view Ive ever played. it FEELS (no matter how far you sit from your TV) like you are in that sports car etc. One of the BEST things about Forza 4 along with the fact that the right analog CAN move almost like your neck. A W E S O M E

Car control. different from car to car EVEN with assists on That is GREAT NEWS. No uni formality. It makes you feel like its diff car every time.

Early impression are lasting impressions

Best racing game this gen. the cars the tracks. the car control and physics all equal out to an amazing experience.

If you Love racing games. RUN to buy it TODAY. If you like racing games buy it by the weekend. If you have been looking for a racing game to pick up for the 360 buy it when your out getting sundries at Target or Walmart and if you never played a racing game. Make Forza 4 your first...

Tomba
Old 10-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #11
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Just drove the Lexus LF-A around that new German track, the hockenheimring.

HOLY S***! The car sounds in this game are beautiful. They've improved the LF-A sounds so much, they're 100x more authentic than they were in Forza 3. Did a few laps and then watched the CPU take over... the car drives by the camera and you feel like you're right next to the corner the LF-A just went through, the sounds of the engine are unreal. The handling is top notch, I continually lost control of the LF-A with everything turned off, each car definitely has it's own feel in this iteration of the game.

The in game menu soundtrack is awesome, loving the variety of tunes.

Oh and if you guys haven't done so, go into your sound options and turn the car audio focus or whatever it's called from default to car
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #12
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

UPS just showed up with my game, so I'm installing the game and downloading the tons of bonus cars. I just had to grind to level 50 in forza 3 today so it gave a bunch for that, but it also imported cars that are unicorns in this game, so it unlocked the unicorn achievement without doing anything. I didn't really look forward to needing like 100 million credits to get one anyways.

The improvements to the graphics and physics are even more impressive when you come right off of playing the last game.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #13
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Dumb question, however what is the second disc for? It will not allow me to install it. Thanks in advanced.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The second disc has 300+ cars on it.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #15
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Dumb question, however what is the second disc for? It will not allow me to install it. Thanks in advanced.
Put in your first disc then find the option on the main menu saying "disc 2" follow the instructions on screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #16
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Did you go through disc 1 and on the main menu slide all the way to the right and select "install disc 2"? I have installed mine with no problems

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »