Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Forza 4 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Did you go through disc 1 and on the main menu slide all the way to the right and select "install disc 2"? I have installed mine with no problems
Nope. Guess I should do that. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #18
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Thanks gentlemen. I appreciate it.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #19
Rookie

RNunez187's Arena

OVR: 4

Love the game so far. Also like the fact that I unlocked stuff because of my progress from Forza 3. It also said I was supposed to get 51k which did not get added to my account but that'd ok. Have enough cars for awhile that I wont need to buy any.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #20
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
The Aston Martin One-77 is an absolute dream to drive

Old 10-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #21
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNunez187
Love the game so far. Also like the fact that I unlocked stuff because of my progress from Forza 3. It also said I was supposed to get 51k which did not get added to my account but that'd ok. Have enough cars for awhile that I wont need to buy any.
You have to go into the Marketplace I believe and there will be a section in the middle talking about gift cars and such, your money will be there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #22
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Continued impressions

Car handling and tracks continue to wow me. Not just impress me WOW me.

When you go into tunnels. It looks like it. The reflections, the differences in lighting and contrast is ALL THERE in this game. No other racing game has been able to capture that.

Car detail is crazy I've owned a few of these cars (not saying which ) and they are spot on and when you go into te cockpit view it feels like im in my old car again...LOVE IT
Also a great thing the behind the car view which is far is GREAT for tight tracks and lets you see the road a bit better. Nice work on gettin this right as well Turn 10
Hawkinheim or whatever you call it is gorgeous what a great track to race in...PERIOD.

But again load times STINK... I want to just race...anyway

I can't stress enough though the game has a very reward and fair points system in place. I love it I place first in 2 races I get 'gift cars" my equivalent to "YAY!"

One thing really nice about World tour mode. they do an aerial view of the tracks like a google maps showing where it is within the countries geography. For me that makes it feel like im actually TRAVELING somewhere and not just being put on a track that "says" its from someplace. If you get what i'm saying...

I have a major gripe however that is not game related. The music and the inability to "set" or set-up your soundtrack. There are like two songs on this puppy that im lovin and i cant listen to them all the time or what have you. This is something that GT does superbly well but it has nothing to do with racing lol absolutely nothin BUTi kinda would have liked the tunes to have been custom. I never actually tinkered wih getting music the xbox an having it play during me gaming so i wonder if is possible?

And lastly. Why aren't there more people with this game. games like Nascar etc come out and they flock to those ut a true racing game comes out and it's kinda quiet? Unless everybodys just playing so in that case Im off to play too.........
Old 10-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

my wife actually went to gamestop with me to day and gave me permission (i had some credit and a trade)...

all i can say is this: UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE!!! I have no need for any other racing games... found that i wrecked a couple times by looking around at the scenery. just wow!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #24
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Getting ready to race now. I'm having an issue with loading custom vinyl groups, though, which has me a bit disappointed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »