Home

Kinect Sports Season Two Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Kinect Sports Season Two Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Kinect Sports Season Two Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

The Kinect Sports Season Two demo is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
Kinect Sports: Season Two sprints out of the box at full speed, taking full advantage of the revolutionary Kinect technology and its latest exciting features like in-game voice commands and enhanced motion tracking. Bringing the family together, and introducing Challenge Play to Xbox LIVE and living rooms worldwide, Kinect Sports: Season Two harnesses the power of friendly competition to provide a more immersive experience for everyone from casual players to top-notch athletes and hardcore sports fans.
Platform: Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Kinect Sports Season Two Demo Impressions?

Once I'm home from work I'll try it out and will post impressions. I liked the first one, not the BEST game ever, but still enjoyable.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Kinect Sports Season Two Demo Impressions?

Just got done playing for about an hour...

The demo features Golf and Tennis. I was kind of disappointed that baseball or football were not included, as those are the two that I want to try the most. Anyway, here we go.

First - Golf:

Golf is actually pretty cool. I found it easy to pick up and play, but hard to master. The motion tracking was good, but it was hard to fine-tune my shots like I would in a game like say.. Tiger Woods. But, I thought it was pretty neat that I could crouch down like Tiger to line up my put.. put my hand up to my brow to see down the course, etc. Voice controls are very welcome.. love that I can say "Xbox.. 5 iron" and it does it. Makes things quick.

Overall, golf was a very positive experience, but a long way from being like Tiger Woods for the Wii.

Tennis:

This was very lame. All you do is swing your racket in time with the ball. It's literally exactly like ping pong from the first Kinect Sports, but you are on a big court. The physics are bad, and it's just not fun.

Hard to judge too much from the short demo, but the voice commands are a great way to navigate and even play the game. I want to try the other sports out, but will have to wait I guess. Graphically, it's not spectacular and stunning, but it is also not an eye-sore. Game was fun and had a family friendly vibe just like the first Kinect Sports. Sensor is utilized well, and very responsive. After I played Golf I was pretty pumped about the game, then when I played the tennis part I started to doubt how much effort they put into the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »