Home

WWE 12 Demo, In Stores Only?

This is a discussion on WWE 12 Demo, In Stores Only? within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 12:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: WWE 12 Demo, In Stores Only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Ugh. Very lame. All big games should have demos today.
For real, no excuse for no demos nowadays. If I hear a game has no demo, then my immediate thoughts are why, what do they have to hide?
Old 10-18-2011, 12:08 AM   #10
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
no demo = no buy from me. I'm not going to waste my time looking for a store that has a demo of this game so i can stand in the store and try it out for 5 mins and try to make a decision off of that. And i don't buy a game i don't try and i don't rent games either so looks like this game is a no buy for me. Next time give us a demo to play around with so we can make a better judgement on the game.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:09 AM   #11
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBuck3
For real, no excuse for no demos nowadays. If I hear a game has no demo, then my immediate thoughts are why, what do they have to hide?
yea when i hear a game isn't releasing a demo it throws up red flags to me as well. Its like they're hoping no one tries the game out and then wrestling fans just catch the trailers during WWE on tv and then they blindly go out and buy a game without trying it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #12
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Maybe they just figured most everyone's money would be spent anyway?

OH! I get it now.
They can play it in the store when they're waiting in line to buy MW3,BF3,Skyrim,SR3,AC Revalations,NFS the Run,MGS HD,Halo HD,Dance Central 2,Goldeneye,LOTR,Lego Harry Potter,Uncharted 3,UMvC 3 and whatever Nintendo has for the Wii. It's about futures. So when they have no money to buy it straight away it's no problem. They'll think "hey I'm done with these games,I remember that game I played when waiting in line,I think I'll trade these in and get it" maybe even a price drop by then.

Last edited by goh; 10-18-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:49 AM   #13
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
So I am in Africa, where am I supposed to find a retail store?

I don't get developers these days. Here we are talking about the potential of having entire games, DLCs and whatnot available solely digital yet on the other hand we have a store release only Demo?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #14
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I plan on getting this game as they're FINALLY focusing on gameplay and controls which hasn't been good since SVR 06. However, I am EXTREMELY disappointed there is not going to be a downloadable demo. I'm not going to be able to actually get it until Christmas and I wanted something to hold me over.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #15
Rookie

toine2983's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I don't understand the point of this.
Neither do I.

They were talking about this on the WWE 12 forums but it wasn't confirmed until now.

Seeing how WWE 12 is supposedly a revamped game and "bigger, badder, better" you'd think they would give people a chance to experience it prior to the game's release.

Quote:
I don't think it would hurt people to go to the store and try it out.
Not everyone lives in the States.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 30
Maybe the game just isn't that good so they are afraid if you have the freedom to play it at home over and over and over possibly getting over the initial hype of playing it and realizing it's flaws, you won't be compelled to go out and buy as opposed to be right in the store and feeling that hype of "limited play" in store play and having the ability to purchase it then and there when the full game is in the store.

I think there is a psychology to this move...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »