Home

Madden Ultimate Team: Building on a Budget

This is a discussion on Madden Ultimate Team: Building on a Budget within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden Ultimate Team: Building on a Budget

Madden Ultimate Team has seen many changes since it made its debut in Madden 10.

Some of the improvements have been good, such as being able to play your friends online and the ability to trade your unwanted cards; the old auction system was very flawed.

The good news is you can build a powerhouse team in MUT without dipping into your cache of Microsoft Points, because let's be hontest, who wants to spend real money on virtual cards? Those micro-transactions can drain your piggy bank in a hurry. You can succeed in MUT without being a virtual version of Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder.

Here are some tips to build your team the good old fashioned way: with some hard work, ingenuity and, yes, a little bit if luck.

Read More -Madden Ultimate Team: Building on a Budget
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4
Personally, I avoid this mode like the plague, because it's such a tedious grind - and I'm not thrilled that some people keep funneling their money to EA, so they keep working on the UT part of the game, and neglect other areas. But if it makes you happy building a virtual card collection, more power to ya.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Banned

belucheez's Arena

OVR: 0
I hate it how I watched a video where this guy bought like 10 of the most expensive packs to start out the game. It isn't fair for those on a budget.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11
I like MUT because you can sort of be like a GM and build a team to your liking that you can use to compete against other people's creations. However, there are so many flaws with the mode that it leaves much to be desired. 2 things MUT greatly needs: STRUCTURE and PROGRESSION. I love MUT but often end up asking myself what the point of it is. I could care less about the "virtual card collection" (especially since EA doesn't allow you to keep the cards year to year) and your record really has no relevance other than bragging rights. It would be nice if there was some structure (i.e., leagues, tournaments, etc.) or a progression system in place to make you want to keep playing. I've built a great team that I like, but now what?

Last edited by bfindeisen; 10-31-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11
Also, some key tips for building a team without spending money:

Sell your Coaches, Uniforms, and Stadium cards in the Auction as often as possible; because people buy these cards cheaply in the auctions to complete their collections, you can often earn more than the value of the pack by selling these cards. KEY: list the buy now price equal to the card value and set duration for 1 hour; this will more often than not rank your card higher in the auction house because it is closer to expiring. Usually, you can sell gold Player cards, too, if they're collectible. They often take longer to sell (as in you may have to renew the auction several times), but when they sell you make 10,000 coins, which more than offsets the cost of the pack + the cost of the auction fees.

This strategy alone has allowed me to consistently buy gold packs or outright buy the Player cards I want, as it is much easier to accumulate coins this way. If you really wanted to spend the time, you could just buy Bronze and Silver packs and just sell all the contents. In the long run, you will certainly profit, but it depends on if you really want to spend your time doing this -- like I said earlier, if I'm gonna spend all this time and effort, it would be nice if there was a point to MUT.

Last edited by bfindeisen; 10-31-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden Ultimate Team: Building on a Budget

I'm going try to keep my team below 85 OVR. The higher rating my team gets the less enjoyable the online head to head matches are.

I hope EA fixes the preview depth chart crash in PS3. I faced someone last night where they started out with a punter as their QB. After a couple of plays, they paused the game and then put Michael Vick in as their QB.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
uteam is a joke . just do a fantasy draft
Old 01-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1
MUT is sweet anyone that was ps3 add me Leaker15

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »