Home

MLB 2K12 Cover Athlete Revealed at Players Choice Awards, Nov. 3rd (Who Will it Be?)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Cover Athlete Revealed at Players Choice Awards, Nov. 3rd (Who Will it Be?) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #25
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 2K12 Cover Athlete Revealed at Players Choice Awards, Nov. 3rd (Who Will it B

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofighter2455
I would love to see Bautista on the cover. Part of me wants to believe that Verlander gets it though just because he won 432 games this season.
Wait...HE DID WHAT?
Well if he won that many games then yes he deserves it....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #26
Rookie

PackerBacker123's Arena

OVR: 6
ryan braun is the best way to go (just say'n)
Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #27
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: MLB 2K12 Cover Athlete Revealed at Players Choice Awards, Nov. 3rd (Who Will it B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Geez, the way david freese was bangin against us I would put him on the cover...sends the perfect message of what they need to do this year...against other games this game needs the comeback magic this guy has
david freese is also my guess, or dereck jeter again.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Dount it to the fullest...it was a mediocre year and if you wannt to measure playoff heroics it boils down to four and only four players...Freese, napoli, and nellie cruz. Freese sends a better message and is way more marketable...berkman would be nice as he had a great season and incredible world series resurrecting his carreer in the proccess which is a segway for what 2k needs to do...Napoli was amazing since the all satr break and did absolutley EVERYTHING in the world series as did cruz which he was on a 2K commercial BTW so he could very well get considerations. My vote is for Napoli or Freese. Pujols...although a legendary player had less than good season by his standards and if not for ONE playoff game where he flexed his chest he really didnt do a whole lot during the whole playoffs.
.299, 37 HRs, 99 RBIs. That's a Hall of Fame caliber mediocre year and shows just how spoiled we all are at his excellence.

Pujols won't be the cover guy because they don't want to have him in a Cards uniform and then sign elsewhere. Granted they likely won't release the cover for a few months, but he could theoretically still be a FA by that time (although not likely).

He won't be a Cub either, so you guys can start letting yourselves down from that one. He knows that if he signs there, he will be forever hated in St. Louis and the good image he has in baseball will be toast. Not only that, but the Cubs won't be contenders for another 3-4 years, so why burn what remaining good years he has left in postseason obscurity? Also, the Cubs exceed the recommended debt to income ratio by MLB (along with the Dodgers, Mets, Tigers, and a handful of others). They will not be big spenders.

As for the topic at hand? I think Verlander or Braun are good guesses.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #29
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

I say Pujols.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #30
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin2006
.299, 37 HRs, 99 RBIs. That's a Hall of Fame caliber mediocre year and shows just how spoiled we all are at his excellence.

Pujols won't be the cover guy because they don't want to have him in a Cards uniform and then sign elsewhere. Granted they likely won't release the cover for a few months, but he could theoretically still be a FA by that time (although not likely).

He won't be a Cub either, so you guys can start letting yourselves down from that one. He knows that if he signs there, he will be forever hated in St. Louis and the good image he has in baseball will be toast. Not only that, but the Cubs won't be contenders for another 3-4 years, so why burn what remaining good years he has left in postseason obscurity? Also, the Cubs exceed the recommended debt to income ratio by MLB (along with the Dodgers, Mets, Tigers, and a handful of others). They will not be big spenders.

As for the topic at hand? I think Verlander or Braun are good guesses.
Oh I agree with ya man...he si the best player hands down that ever was IMO...which is why in my statement I said it was down year for HIS standard. Any other player would kill to have his worst stats! LOL Even if he were a cardinal though there are more players that should be on the cover. I mean I would choose berkman/freese over pujols THIS year just because of the season they had. (in freese case its how you finish and I dont think there was anyone better.) I could also see the record setting nellie cruz, or the do everything mike napoli...I could see Matt kemp for sure, but then you would have to include jose bautista. You could also make the case for adrian gonzales with how he batted ALL YEAR in boston as well as the amazing year curtis granderson had. Also its foolish not to include verlander...and of course miggy cabrera.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think that if not a pitcher it should be Adrian Gonzalez, Jacoby Ellsbury or my favorite Dustin Pedroia.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0
Maybe even Matt Kemp.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »