Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Big Nog vs. Cro Cop (Pride Mode)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Big Nog vs. Cro Cop (Pride Mode) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Big Nog vs. Cro Cop (Pride Mode)

The submission thing looks terrible and I really wish they'd get the spinning back in until they come up with a real solution.

Also - something I'd like to see added is better reactions to being hit. Around the 4:24 mark Nog keeps hitting him with punches and all that happens is he steps back a little and his head swings side to side.

I'd really love to see a "cover up and run" feature added, where the fighter puts his hands up and jogs backwards or sideway to get away from the strikes; or perhaps stands in and then tries a well timed hook and them jumping out, instead of just standing there taking them.

Last edited by st67; 11-04-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

the fighters hit hard and i mean real HARD! i wish THQ can apply these mechanics to wwe '12 and its successors. pro wrestlers in wwe obviously threw fake punches, fake strikes and fake hits because it's all acting. it shouldnt happen in a video game. i mean, wwe video games should be like ufc undisputed when it comes to hitting their opponents. make it seem real man. like make big show punch you like he's actually hitting you in the face with his huge fist!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 17
I like some of the new game play tweaks they've made. Still think that hard strikes don't do the damage that they should. Also I still don't think stamina depletion is quite on point. These are a couple things EA got right. If you received a couple of heavy strikes in a row from a guy with power you were in the danger zone so to speak. Also if you flurried a bit too much you'd blow your wad. That is what I think this game needs more of to balance it out. I know they are trying to make it to where you can just pick it up and throw punches and make it an enjoyable experience for the casual player. He mentioned a simulation mode so maybe these things are more prevalent in that mode and this demo was in arcade mode or whatever.

Also the sub system needs work. I doubt it gets changed this late in the game. Looks like they tried to copy EA here(wish they would have copied them with on my first point). I still think EA did it better though. The on-screen indicator in EA wasn't as obtrusive and used the rumble of the controller along with the camera as an indicator of how close you were. I liked those elements. Also they had a different system for non choke based submission which I thought was done pretty well. I'm not a huge fan of what UFC 3 does here but with that said I already like it twice as much as the "shine". That was just the worst.

Lastly, takedowns. The only complaint I have is the automatic takedowns. Meaning if someone misses a punch and the other fighter times it right he gets the takedown no matter what. This is absolutely insane. There should be some kind of window to where you can still defend and depending on your takedown defense the size of that window should vary. For example Dustin Hazelett vs Koscheck. If they fight 10 times, no matter how well Hazelett times his shot, he's rarely going to be able to take Kos down and work his BJJ. This type of outcome should be translated in the game. I'm not saying it should be impossible for one fighter to take down another, but more than likely he shouldn't be able to take Kos down. I don't think this has changed with the 3rd iteration of the game.

With all that being said, i'm still looking forward to getting to play a demo of this and I will probably pre-order it from gamestop to get the 4 extra fighters :|
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
I like some of the new game play tweaks they've made. Still think that hard strikes don't do the damage that they should. Also I still don't think stamina depletion is quite on point. These are a couple things EA got right. If you received a couple of heavy strikes in a row from a guy with power you were in the danger zone so to speak. Also if you flurried a bit too much you'd blow your wad. That is what I think this game needs more of to balance it out. I know they are trying to make it to where you can just pick it up and throw punches and make it an enjoyable experience for the casual player. He mentioned a simulation mode so maybe these things are more prevalent in that mode and this demo was in arcade mode or whatever.
|
Exactly. Supposedly the "simulation" mode will fix all the above.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Screaming Pride Lady, nice. Too bad they don't have the referee cam for replays. That would've been pretty sweet. I like the idea of chasing each other for submissions. I may change my mind when I actually play it, but right now it seems much better than the shine was. I'm looking forward to picking this one up. I definitely plan on pre-ordering.
I just read somewhere that it's not really Lenne Hardt but an impersonator and that she wasn't contacted to work on this game.

Also Bas Rutten is OK but I wish there was an option for japanese commentary.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikki
I just read somewhere that it's not really Lenne Hardt but an impersonator and that she wasn't contacted to work on this game.

Also Bas Rutten is OK but I wish there was an option for japanese commentary.
Its the real Lenne Hardt. She confirmed it on twitter.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 17
Ok, thought so, if that is an impersonator she did one helluva good job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #16
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

One thing I didn't care for was how quick and easy it was to take somebody's back in the stand up. That guy seemed to go to a standing back clinch very quick everytime. Hopefully it was because it was on easy.

If not, I can predict a lot of people online will be exploiting that move all the time. Quickly go to a back clinch and just throw a person down to the ground.

I do hope they have some counters to the back clinch, like a drop down rolling knee bar or kimura. Also I didn't feel the cpu CroCop played like Crocop. CroCop was known for throwing alot of leg kicks and head kicks during his prime in Pride.

I wonder if they have the yellow cards in the game for Pride mode. That would be cool and realistic.

About the only thing I am waiting on now is what improvements they made to submissions and guards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »