Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #9
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch v1.03 to be released on XBox 360 soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Playing mostly default All-Star/SIM sliders w/lowered shot success, upped fatigue@60, upped free throw difficulty@55, Clutch Factor off, default rosters. Spurs (cpu) at Lakers (me). Have only played a half so far. Quick impressions:

- Didn't like that the cpu play felt less... intense, maybe? But after playing more think that's because I'd gotten used to the cpu playing with too much awareness and me having to sweat every possession. I've been playing pretty free-form and without much structure just to get a feel for things and I'm down by 10. Surprised after the first quarter the cpu and I had the same amount of turnovers; cpu not playing near-flawless

- cpu play overall definitely seems more appropriate. Jefferson is finally playing like the bum he is and I feel like I'll have to make some adjustments for Duncan as he's not just getting his off scraps. Overstatement on Jefferson of course, but felt he's gone off unrealistically in the past when I've played the Spurs. It's always going to be a matter of perception but do feel the game's playing out as I'd expect it to/don't feel I'm having to overcompensate for the cpu playing above where I feel it should

- 3pt and contested shots have definitely been tweaked

- cpu's proficiency at hitting shots as the shot clock runs down has been noticeably toned down. Think they've only hit 2 that I can recall. Either way it's not standing out as it would previously

- Seems the cpu's reaction to user button input has been noticeably toned down. much easier to accelerate/get to the hole once a defender's hips are turned. Still don't think it's advisable to ride the turbo button but so far seems gamers are a little more rewarded for using turbo for burst
Personally, I'm interested in getting your online impressions. You swore up and down that I was complaining about nothing after us PS3 owners got the patch. Now that you have the patch for yourself, why don't you see if any my complaints were valid or if I'm just some 2K newb whining over nothing.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Like i just said in my other thread.. Just tone the sliders down online. Main problem online is that first its on pro/allstar level/ casual or pro level. Change all of tha up to at least superstar/simulation level. Then tone 3ptrs to 46-47 like last year. Tone on ball steals down, tone blocks in paint down.. I guarantee u online will be alot better if they do this asap.. No need to wait weeks to do this adjustment. Just do it like NIKE
Old 11-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #11
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

I don't know if it's affecting you 360 guys, but on the PS3 online, I noticed that the shot and layup/dunk animations were slower and the defensive animation is faster, which is leading to more blocks in the paint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Also they still have that huge network error. A rank game or an urank online game. I do my playbook right. The next game i play online my playbooks r saved. So once i call for one of my saved playbook plays it does network error immediately.. That has been happenin since this game came out n still in post patch.. Y??
Old 11-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #13
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
Personally, I'm interested in getting your online impressions. You swore up and down that I was complaining about nothing after us PS3 owners got the patch. Now that you have the patch for yourself, why don't you see if any my complaints were valid or if I'm just some 2K newb whining over nothing.
Funny I was just about to post them. I played two games online; borderline shocked both guys played relatively straight. Neither had any gameplay lag whatsoever but in both there was noticeable input lag, if that's what it's called. I think I hit 25% from three the first game, second I think I may have hit two 3s all game - and I had some good looks. First game both me and my opponent had problems hitting 3s. Second game my opponent had little probs shooting mid or long range while I struggled at times. I managed to keep it close as he was sloppy w/turnovers though. Game disconnected in the second game as he was doing something and it gave me the win even though I was down 3-4pts.

As I said when we were going back and forth, I'd agree with you that online isn't some hyper-Sim experience. But I don't think it's supposed to be. I don't see it as being some horrible completely unrealistic basketball experience either. Most people that play this game don't know basketball, I'd place myself among them. So I think expecting the game to somehow force people to play a certain way really isn't realistic given many don't really know the game of basketball to begin with. Yes guys should be punished for constantly hacking and shouldn't be able to feel good simply hoisting up 3s all the time.

The guys I played today played mostly straight - neither tried to constantly hack at the ball although one did routinely play the inbound. Far as I know he didn't feel he was doing anything wrong but if I were to compare to real life it's not something you'd likely see. As far as the bumping I think that's almost a necessity for online play at this point. Unless games like baseball or basketball that normally require precision are able to completely remove latency - which at this point is impossible - there has to be some sort of middle ground so people can't drive however they want without something to slow them down. Not saying it's a perfect solution or even the right solution but I think it's better than the alternative. Either way, my experience online so far today has been enjoyable. I normally don't play online much so today for me has been encouraging. So far.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 11-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #14
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Funny I was just about to post them. I played two games online; borderline shocked both guys played relatively straight. Neither had any gameplay lag whatsoever but in both there was noticeable input lag, if that's what it's called. I think I hit 25% from three the first game, second I think I may have hit two 3s all game - and I had some good looks. First game both me and my opponent had problems hitting 3s. Second game my opponent had little probs shooting mid or long range while I struggled at times. I managed to keep it close as he was sloppy w/turnovers though. Game disconnected in the second game as he was doing something and it gave me the win even though I was down 3-4pts.

As I said when we were going back and forth, I'd agree with you that online isn't some hyper-Sim experience. But I don't think it's supposed to be. I don't see it as being some horrible completely unrealistic basketball experience either. Most people that play this game don't know basketball, I'd place myself among them. So I think expecting the game to somehow force people to play a certain way really isn't realistic given many don't really know the game of basketball to begin with. Yes guys should be punished for constantly hacking and shouldn't be able to feel good simply hoisting up 3s all the time.

The guys I played today played mostly straight - neither tried to constantly hack at the ball although one did routinely play the inbound. Far as I know he didn't feel he was doing anything wrong but if I were to compare to real life it's not something you'd likely see. As far as the bumping I think that's almost a necessity for online play at this point. Unless games like baseball or basketball that normally require precision are able to completely remove latency - which at this point is impossible - there has to be some sort of middle ground so people can't drive however they want without something to slow them down. Not saying it's a perfect solution or even the right solution but I think it's better than the alternative. Either way, my experience online so far today has been enjoyable. I normally don't play online much so today for me has been encouraging. So far.
But my original point was this:

I'm not expecting every guy I face online to know basketball, nor am I expecting the game to somehow force them to place realistic basketball. What I'm expecting is for the game to give me tools to where I can play basketball and win against a person who isn't.

So, if I'm playing simulation basketball on a simulation basketball game, and my opponent is playing arcade basketball on a simulation basketball game and can win consistently, that's what I have a problem with.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sigh.....

So now, I am no longer able to connect to other league members. Its says that the invite/game has expired.

WTF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

The gameplay is definitely improved online. Passing is much crisper and hero perimeter shooting has been toned down. I like to play with the Celtics and on one hand, it's great that I can penetrate the paint with Rondo and find Pierce and Allen spotting up behind the line, but on the other hand, shooting 3's is much more difficult. Before, I would try and make a pinpoint pass from the key to the corners and it would be lobbed and easily stolen. Now, the lead passes are very sharp.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »