Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Last edited by aholbert32; 11-08-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 - Velasquez v Dos Santos

Not impressed
Old 11-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos

I can't believe they kept so many of the same animations.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
yea that wasn't very impressive
Old 11-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Like you guys I found the video unimpressive. But I will go on to say I think they just did a poor job of showing the game.

I think UFC 3 will be back in the "fun" column that UFC 2009 was in. Couple reasons why I think so.
  • The 3 transition = pass has been removed. Now it is just like UFC 2009 where you the user must transition block to prevent pass. This will bring back the skill online in the ground game. Plus make ground fighters more dangerous without fear of transition spammers kicking you off.
  • Transition and reversal spam is being countered with hits to stamina on every attempt of either. Thus making ground game more strategy filled.
  • Light punches that interupt heavy strikes is a blessing! Now having to face guys online that only hold LB and therow power shots you can counter and setup combos.
  • Simulation mode will be perfect for guys like myself who like to run leagues.
  • The strategy that was involved in 2009 is coming back in UFC3 which I think will make a huge difference in the replay value.

All in all we can all agree they did not fix any of the rough animations and how much of the game lacks fluidity. But I am glad to see them focus that extra year to balance and strategy match ups. That is part of what made 2009 so fun to play online.

2010 ruined it by dumbing it down into a slug fest with lack of ground game.

Throw in Pride mode and what looks to be a even bigger improvement on the already stellar commentary and presentation. I think UFC 3 will bring back what I loved about UFC 2009 plus other good enhancements. (ground sways, simulation mode, cage more of a factor, etc)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Yeah they kind of fast forwarded those rounds. Which to me made the game look bad, since it made it seem like you only need 3 hits to the back of the head before you are KO'ed. The sound of impact of punches and kicks still sound the same too. I don't know what it is but that sound just sounds weird.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
WWE / UFC Community Manager

THQ Tank's Arena

OVR: 2

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. The point of this video was simply to simulate the UFC on FOX fight with the game, we didn't try to show anything specific other than an intense match. We let the AI vs AI play out 25 times, and of that, Cain won an average of 65% of the time, most commonly by TKO in the 2nd round, thus how you see it played out here.

If you put this same match side by side with 2010 you will see a notable difference especially in the camera angle which we now call "Broadcast to Cage", it's angled lower and up to give you a more immersive feel when you play. The animations have been heavily tuned and the gameplay is significantly more fluid.

If you want further proof, read anyones preview who played the game, or more importantly, hit up UndisputedOnline.net and read the blogs from some of the pro-players we had come in.

We're going to be doing Fight Simulation videos for every fight, it's not intended to show a specific new move or animation, its intended to use the game as a tool to predict the fight for authenticity and interactivity, to bring us closer to the UFC. In the same way FIFA and Madden are so connected to their sports.

I guarantee if you watch any other video game sports simulation video, this one packs a greater punch, with the added value of the social media aspect to VOTE if you think the game got it right. We want you involved, we don't want you to just watch the video, we want you to connect with it.

We have plenty more videos coming out to showcase "whats new", check out my Inside the Ring PRIDE video hitting tomorrow.

Thanks again for the feedback, UFC 3 will not disappoint, mark my words.

-THQ Tank

THQ Global Fighting Community Manager
Old 11-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
WWE / UFC Community Manager

THQ Tank's Arena

OVR: 2

Guys, this is meant to be a "Sportscenter" highlight reel of the match, 90% of people will tune out to a full 5 minute match video presented in this manner, so we cut it down to just highlights.

The audio in this game as a whole is significantly improved, and while a punch may still sound like 2010, really, how much better can you make a punch sound? You'll hear tons of nuances in commentary, cornermen, PRIDE and UFC, thousands of lines, etc. Sure Rogan and Goldberg have their signature "sayings", there are only so many ways you can say "OOOOOO". Know what I mean?

Thanks,
Tank

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »