Home

WWE 12 Retail Early Impressions

This is a discussion on WWE 12 Retail Early Impressions within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #1
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24
WWE 12 Retail Early Impressions

It has been confirmed that a few people already have WWE 12. Please post your impressions here.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2011, 02:01 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: **WWE 12 (360/PS3) Impressions Thread**

OK, I just got home and WWE 12 is installing on my HDD as I write this. I thought I'd throw out a couple things while I wait to help keep my impressions in perspective....

First, I generally have not liked the Smackdown vs. Raw series. They have gotten better in recent years, but I always felt that important aspects of the game were lacking, like the AI and how guys consistently no-sold moves. Adding sliders to help fix that was one of the biggest additions SvR ever made, as far as I'm concerned.

Second, I absolutely loved WWE All Stars. I haven't had that much fun with a wrestling game since the N64 days. My boys and I still play it on a regular basis and it's always a blast.

Finally, I know as much about WWE 12 as you guys do. Shoot, some of you probably know more. So if I mark out like a 10-year-old girl who just met John Cena, please cut me some slack. I really, really want this game to be awesome.

OK, so the game has installed and I'm going to jump into an exhibition match to get the feel for things. If you guys have any questions, fire away and I'll do my best to answer.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OK, first order of business -- download Shawn Michaels, all unlockables and the attribute editor..done
Old 11-12-2011, 02:27 AM   #4
Rookie

First match -- CM Punk (me) vs. Heath Slater (CPU)

And it's a win for Punk. The new control scheme is going to take some getting used to, that's for sure. I managed to pull out a win with the GTS, but only after barely kicking out of Slater's finisher. He also hit his finisher once on the outside but I managed to slide back into the ring before the 10 count.

I saw plenty of reversals and I liked how guys stayed down after taking a big bump. I like what I see so far, but I really need to get a handle on the controls.

Last edited by jrider99; 11-12-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
Rookie

So I decided to check out the creation options. Pretty cool that you can edit everybody's attires and save multiple outfits. You can't add or take away any items, but you can adjust the colors. Not sure if this was in last year, but I like it.

It's great for guys like Punk or Mysterio who wear multiple versions of the same tights. Also great if you want to coordinate a tag team's look, ala Air Boom.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2011, 03:27 AM   #6
Rookie

Second match -- Kofi (me) vs. Big Show (CPU)

This was actually a hell of a match. Kofi was able to keep Show off balance with his speed, but Show got the upper hand whenever the action slowed down. Show picked up the win after countering my comeback moment and catching me with a spear.

Another fun match and I noticed a difference in how Kofi felt in the ring as compared to CM Punk. Kofi was a lot quicker, both in how he moved around the ring and how he executed his strikes and grapples.

Also, a cool moment was when I countered a kick from the Big Show into the SOS. Yes, I know it's unrealistic but it looked sweet!

That's it from me tonight. I'll be around tomorrow if anybody has any questions.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider99
So I decided to check out the creation options. Pretty cool that you can edit everybody's attires and save multiple outfits. You can't add or take away any items, but you can adjust the colors. Not sure if this was in last year, but I like it.

It's great for guys like Punk or Mysterio who wear multiple versions of the same tights. Also great if you want to coordinate a tag team's look, ala Air Boom.
Pretty sure editing the attires was in 2010 because I've been playing it again lately and gave Triple H red trunks.

What I would like to know in terms of creating wrestlers is if they finally unlinked height and weight. May have done it in 2011 and I missed it, but it so lame when you try to make a guy like Rikishi and he can't be 400 lbs unless he's a giant.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Pretty sure editing the attires was in 2010 because I've been playing it again lately and gave Triple H red trunks.

What I would like to know in terms of creating wrestlers is if they finally unlinked height and weight. May have done it in 2011 and I missed it, but it so lame when you try to make a guy like Rikishi and he can't be 400 lbs unless he's a giant.
It's still the same this year. You only have a slider that adjusts your height and weight in tandem.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »