Home

NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase Hands-On Previews (GameSpot, GamePro)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase Hands-On Previews (GameSpot, GamePro) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase Hands-On Previews (GameSpot, GamePro)

Quote:
The greatest players aren't limited to simple pick up and play as there are two modes focused on ending the debate. The first is the Teammate Challenge where 15 of the best NBA teammate combos ever to grace the NBA face off against each other. You'll have pairings like Alonzo Morning and Larry Johnson of the Hornets; Shaq and Penny from the Magic; and even Pippen and Jordan. You pick the pairing that you like and then face off against the 14 others to claim the title of best duo.

For those who may want to see which era had the best players, the Era Challenge mode provides the answer. Here, teams of three consist of the best players from a given decade. If you're a fan of the '80s, then your team of Isiah Thomas, Patrick Ewing, and Larry Bird will face off against other teams. Here, there are 10 teams to choose from, with two from each decade up to the present.
Quote:
While those modes add a lot to the new experience, my favorite new mode is easily HORSE, where the classic playground trickshot challenge is brought to life with all these classic players. The menu of moves you can pull off is deep, and includes pedestrian stuff like behind the back and no look shots all the way up to kicking shots in or bouncing them off the ground into the hoop. You can even call banks or swishes for added difficulty, and a little exploring will unlock special areas to make shots from like the rooftops of nearby buildings. It's addictive fun, and not as easy as you might assume.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / iOS
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase Hands-On Previews (GameSpot, GamePro)

Quote:
You can set up a 2 on 2 matchup with anyone and any rules you want, or you can play the "2 on 2 Teammate Challenge" which functions a lot like the original NBA's Greatest mode. Beat those and you'll unlock all of the classic players into the main game where you can draft them onto current teams or set them loose on the free agent market. If you want to bring current NBA players into the modes available under the Legends Showcase, then you'll need to beat the ladder of teams in the 3 on 3 era challenge, which pits great players of a certain era against each other.
So to unlock classic transactions, a portion of this game mode must be completed, yes? I'm usually a fan of unlocking things, but usually when it's bonus features like retro jerseys or something of that ilk. I'm not as big a fan of having to unlock basic game functions.

To expound, maybe I don't have as much a problem with me having to unlock the classic transaction ability as I am about the potential for complication in sharing classic rosters over 2K Share. If someone unlocks the ability to trade legends, then creates a roster full of traded legends, would I (as someone who had not unlocked that ability) still be able to download that roster off of 2KShare?

Last edited by VDusen04; 11-14-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

its a must not buy since the online servers are still trash...
the end
Old 11-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYdreams
its a must not buy since the online servers are still trash...
the end
I want to buy it but the servers are messed up badly.

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Old 11-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

can't wait to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
I was just thinking since players will be in there prime what current players will you be looking foward to?
Carmello for Nuggets
Amare for Suns
Grant Hill for Pistons
Garnett for Wolves
Billups for Pistons
Lebron for Cavaliers
Vince Carter for Raptors
Tracy McGrady for Magic
Jason Kidd for Nets
Old 11-15-2011, 12:20 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
THE BLACK LINES ARGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 11-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Meh...I really have no interest in this. Especially since the CPU cheese is out of control and online servers suck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »