Home

Begin Your Fight Night Champion Experience for Under 5 Bucks (PS3 Exclusive)

This is a discussion on Begin Your Fight Night Champion Experience for Under 5 Bucks (PS3 Exclusive) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2011, 12:37 AM   #17
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: Begin Your Fight Night Champion Experience for Under 5 Bucks (PS3 Exclusive)

Official Press Release

EA ANNOUNCES FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION DELIVERED A LA CARTE EXCLUSIVELY ON PLAYSTATION 3

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – November 8, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that the critically-acclaimed EA SPORTS™ Fight Night Champion is now available as a customizable digital download exclusively for PlayStationŽ3 consumers, and has joined the Games on Demand library on Xbox LIVEŽ as a full-game digital download. A first for Electronic Arts, PlayStation 3 consumers will have the opportunity to download the highly praised Champion mode as a standalone game and experience one of the richest narratives in sports gaming. Users can then customize their experience within the Champion mode in-game store by subsequently purchasing any of the following modes: Fight Now, Legacy Mode and Online Play.

“We’re excited to give players a chance to experience one of the best narrative experiences in a sports videogame for only $4.99”, said Dean Richards, VP & General Manager, Team and Action Sports, EA SPORTS. “After their introduction through Champion mode, we’re putting consumers first by letting them choose and customize their Fight Night experience to what meets their needs and gaming preferences.”
Pricing Structure:
PlayStation Network
• Fight Night Champion full product - $29.99
• Champion Mode (standalone) - $4.99
Additional game modes available for purchase within Champion mode in-game store:
• Fight Now - $5.00
• Legacy Mode and Boxer Share - $10.00
• Online Play - $10.00
XBOX LIVE Games on Demand:
• Fight Night Champion full product - $29.99
Champion Mode brings cinematic storytelling to the Fight Night franchise and is the first such story mode in EA SPORTS history. Written by screenwriter Will Rokos, Champion Mode allows players to step into the shoes of up-and-coming middleweight prospect, Andre Bishop, as he discovers that the road to becoming a champion in professional boxing is one that is filled with corruption, personal struggle and more than just what happens between the ropes.

Fight Night Champion features gameplay innovation that delivers the rawness and brutality of the most realistic boxing simulation ever created. The title is packed with a deep menu of new modes and features, including: the all-new cinematic, narrative-driven Champion Mode; more than 50 licensed boxers including Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson and Manny Pacquiao; Full Spectrum Punch Control; the deepest career mode yet, Online Gyms and much more.

Fight Night Champion is available for the Xbox 360Ž video game and entertainment system and the PlayStationŽ3 computer entertainment system. The game has been rated M by the ESRB, and 16+ by PEGI. Fight Night Champion is currently available on Xbox LIVE™ and the PlayStationŽNetwork. For more information, log onto www.easports.com/fightnight. To join the EA SPORTS Fight Night community, log onto the Fight Night Champion Facebook page.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5
This is bush league on EA's part. I have the PS3 version of Fight Night Champion, and guess what, if you create a boxer to take through Legacy mode, it crashes. That's right, the game is broken, so instead of trying to fix what they broke they are offering an "a la carte" version? Poor choice on your part EA, your game is broke for offline players and you have done nothing to fix it.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:41 AM   #19
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Lol so $10 for legacy and boxer share is a rip off?

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #20
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Begin Your Fight Night Champion Experience for Under 5 Bucks (PS3 Exclusive)

I just bought the 1st part for $4.99 and plan on buying the "fight now" also. I want to know if anyone has bought "Legacy" and had any problems before I spend the $10.00.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #21
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Hmmmmmm...... might have to jump on this for champ, and fight now for 10$
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #22
MVP

davis420's Arena

Do you have to buy the online portion to get the Tuner Update and the Patches? I didn't see any patch install when I downloaded it last night.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
Do you have to buy the online portion to get the Tuner Update and the Patches? I didn't see any patch install when I downloaded it last night.
I bet its part of the download, but if not consider yourself lucky, the game was much better before the patches and looney tuners.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #24
MVP

davis420's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I bet its part of the download, but if not consider yourself lucky, the game was much better before the patches and looney tuners.
It's says to download latest tuner to push the triangle. Should I not download it since I'm not going to play online?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »