Home

NBA 2K12 Developer Insight - Legends Showcase DLC, Release Date Nov. 29

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Developer Insight - Legends Showcase DLC, Release Date Nov. 29 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #17
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Dev Insight Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Ok, so if I am understanding correctly:

This not an attack on the 360 editors or anything but if hex editing allows them access to 150 more players then it puts PS3 users at a disadvantage almost to point that the games can't be considered equal since there is no way to hex edit PS3.

One last thing for those who may think that "causal fans" will eat up the DLC with the cell-shading and streetball feel take a minute to read the comments on the facebook page. Not a lot of positive feedback.
Yea I've read in the past those extra legends are only available in the showcase. That sucks for us ps3 users especially if they were "hidden on the disk." As far as the cel-shading concerned I've grown to like it. look at the past games like NBA ballers and NBA Street, that is the feel 2k is trying to capture. Is like a break from the main sim game, You know? Yeah those facebook comments are crazy though.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

So I think this confirms that you can't use the players from the DLC in regular game. Bummer
Old 11-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #19
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Once the dlc drops, all i will be playing until the lockout is over is legend quick matches, and online associations with the old squads included.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1
vince on raptors = buy
Old 11-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 6

What I want to know is will there be an all star weekend dlc. Its no secret that pc editors have unlocked certain codes for dunks in the dunk contest yet its not on the disc by default or in this dlc. Your consumer is sick of these " suprises " and i feel we desrve total transperency if you want us to stay your consumer through these trying economic times. SO my question is WILL THERE BE A DUNK CONTEST ADDED THIS YEAR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Good news: We get our roster, release date (next Tuesday for an added bonus), and the developer confirmation that we can freely edit the classic rosters.

Bad news: While they confirm the new 45 legends can be used in Creating A Legend mode, that still isn't a confirmation that they'll be usable on regular rosters for the other modes (Association, Quick Game, Etc.).
Old 11-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsaz
Good news: We get our roster, release date (next Tuesday for an added bonus), and the developer confirmation that we can freely edit the classic rosters.

Bad news: While they confirm the new 45 legends can be used in Creating A Legend mode, that still isn't a confirmation that they'll be usable on regular rosters for the other modes (Association, Quick Game, Etc.).

Actually it only states that the players in the greatest mode can be used in CAL, not the new players from the DLC. With as much as people have asked if the players can be used across all modes, since they didn't address it, I'd guess not. Or maybe there will be a second DLC for $ that allows us to unlock these players.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdballer
Actually it only states that the players in the greatest mode can be used in CAL, not the new players from the DLC. With as much as people have asked if the players can be used across all modes, since they didn't address it, I'd guess not. Or maybe there will be a second DLC for $ that allows us to unlock these players.
I stand corrected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »