Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Standard and Collector's Edition Cover Art Revealed

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Standard and Collector's Edition Cover Art Revealed within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Standard and Collector's Edition Cover Art Revealed

EA SPORTS REVEALS TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 13 STANDARD AND COLLECTOR’S EDITION COVER ART

Collector’s Edition Features Masters Tournament’s Iconic Green Jacket; Rickie Fowler, Rory McIlroy Join Tiger Woods on Standard Edition Cover

November 30, 2011 – EA SPORTS™ revealed today cover art for both the standard and collector’s editions of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 13 with artwork that showcases the great golfers of today while also commemorating the Masters Tournament’s historic legacy. The standard edition of the game features superstar golfers Rickie Fowler and Rory McIlroy alongside Tiger Woods in the US and European editions, respectively, while cover art for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition features the famed Green Jacket.

“The dream of winning a Green Jacket has inspired golfers for many years, so we are very proud to provide our fans the only game that allows you to compete in the Masters and attempt to win golf’s ultimate prize,” EA SPORTS Marketing Director Craig Evans said. “In addition, Rickie Fowler and Rory McIlroy are two of the most exciting young golfers in the game today and we’re thrilled to put them alongside Tiger Woods on the cover of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13.”

Since first being awarded to Sam Snead in 1949, the Green Jacket has become one of the most revered prizes in all of sports. The collector’s edition cover also includes an image of the Calamity Jane putter made famous by legendary amateur golfer and Tournament co-Founder Bobby Jones.

Headlining the in-game features of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition is a new Green Jacket presentation ceremony that was developed for winners of the Masters. This comes in addition to every course and feature available in the standard edition, five additional golf courses, Augusta National’s Par 3 course and world-class Tournament Practice Facility, and much more.

In October, for the first time in franchise history, EA SPORTS provided fans the opportunity to choose who will join Tiger Woods on the cover of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13. Similar to previous EA SPORTS cover athlete votes for Madden NFL and NCAA Football, community reaction to the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Match Play cover vote was overwhelmingly positive as more than 250,000 votes were cast from over 35 countries during a three-week period that saw debates amongst golf enthusiasts and campaigning by the world’s top golfers through their personal social media channels.

On the heels of last year’s successful integration of the Masters into Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters, which Kotaku recently named its 2011 Sports Game of the Year, Augusta National Golf Club is back in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 giving fans another chance to play one of the most celebrated courses in all of golf. The game will also feature all-new experiences around Tiger Woods’ memorable golf accomplishments throughout his lifetime and will be the first controller-free, voice-enabled and body tracking sports simulation game to support the Kinect™ motion control system for the Xbox 360® videogame system from Microsoft.

Over the past two decades, EA SPORTS has introduced a series of immersive and authentic golf experiences across a variety of game platforms that has helped expand the popularity of the sport amongst fans. The EA SPORTS golf product portfolio includes the award-winning Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online and EA SPORTS PGA TOUR® Golf Challenge for Facebook.

For more information and exclusive updates regarding Tiger Woods PGA TOUR, become a fan of the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/tigerwoodspgatour or follow on Twitter at @easports_tiger.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
nice to be 1st!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Standard and Collector's Edition Cover Art Revealed

From that writeup it doesn't look like they are offering much in the way of real improvements besidesw Kinect (don't care) and offering a jacket ceremony (probably a 5 second cut scene) for the Masters and did I read that right? Only the collector's edition gets it? Whoopee.

Give me an improved career mode and presentation, realistic pin placements and extra playoff holes at the very least. I bought the game and all the DLC courses last year which cost me about $100. I see no point in wasting another $100 for the same game. They seem to be milking just having the Masters as a selling point. Last year that worked because Augusta was new, this year it's been there, done that. They need to make career mode more immersive.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 11-30-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #4
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

Agreed. The green jacket really should have been a part of TW 12, now it seems even for TW 13 they're only offering it as a 'bonus' w/ the Collector's Edition and not a standard part of the game. I know it's just a small detail relatively speaking, but it still seems odd that they wouldn't want that as a standard part of the game. It would be like having the Super Bowl trophy presentation only available in Special Editions of Madden (I don't wanna give EA any ideas lol)
Old 12-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
Rookie

I wonder if Dustin Johnson will be added this year to the roster ??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #6
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnwystang
I wonder if Dustin Johnson will be added this year to the roster ??
He was one of the options for the cover vote, so I'm guessing he's in.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:07 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Agreed. The green jacket really should have been a part of TW 12, now it seems even for TW 13 they're only offering it as a 'bonus' w/ the Collector's Edition and not a standard part of the game. I know it's just a small detail relatively speaking, but it still seems odd that they wouldn't want that as a standard part of the game. It would be like having the Super Bowl trophy presentation only available in Special Editions of Madden (I don't wanna give EA any ideas lol)
Given this DLC money-grab philosophy is pretty much standard for EA now, why so surprised? Although this green jacket nonsense is taking it to new greed levels I suppose.

Last edited by peigone; 12-01-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:13 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
They need to make career mode more immersive.
The ability to customize career mode has seriously degraded over the past decade, so even getting it back to TW 2004 levels would be an improvement. Mind-numbing the lack of attention Tour mode gets, year after year. Especially given the entire focus of the PGA is THE TOUR, lol.

Last edited by peigone; 12-01-2011 at 05:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »