Home

MLB 12 The Show Screenshots

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Screenshots within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2011, 05:51 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots

hopefully they fixed the arm length

a minor thing but they walked really weird...looked like praying mantis'
Old 12-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #10
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Looks like some new cleats, see Marlins photo, and maybe new gloves, see Bautista photo.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #11
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Nice shots and boy are the Marlins uniforms ugly.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 06:40 AM   #12
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Great shot here of Joey Bats going deep.

Looks very similar to 11 but for good reason - that was a gorgeous game.

Looking forward to more high-res shots soon.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #13
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Like everyone here is saying MLB The Show already looks great! However I can't lie when I say I am maybe "just a tad" disappointed with these first set of screenshots.

Other then some small new additions to the stadiums like for example at Citizens Bank Park I see they have the new HD JumboTron and they added the 329 to the left field foul pole and also moved the 334 a little more to the right of the left field foul pole. I am very happy that Sony keeps making the stadiums more and more accurate with every version!

But I guess my reason for the "slight" disappointment is I expected the lighting and grass texture to be improved quite a bit. But to my eye it pretty much looks just like MLB 11 The Show. But of course these screenshots are so small so I really should not be judging how the game looks until I see a lot bigger screenshots.

It also looks like once again no Ball Boys/Ball Girls on chairs down the left and right field lines again. Looks like this will not happen until Playstation 4.

Also looks like no new Ads real or fake to any of the stadiums.

And no real LED Ribben boards in the stadiums.

But again these screenshots are way too small for me to really even say I am disappointed.

As long as the Presentation has had a major upgrade to reflect more of a true TV Network broadcast then I will be very happy. Even if the lighting and grass texture still look the same and some of the little things I was hoping for are still a no show.

I am looking forward to seeing bigger screenshots and hearing about all the new improvments that have been added to MLB 12 The Show.

Thank you to Sony and ESPN for giving us an early peak at MLB 12 The Show!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1322861568-media.jpg (230.2 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 12-02-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #14
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

I am not 100% sure but I think fielders now close their glove when making a catch.

In this screenshot it kind of looks like the fielders glove is almost closed. I don't remember seeing this in MLB 11 The Show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vg_mlb_3_576.jpg (155.0 KB, 357 views)
Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #15
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Like everyone here is saying MLB The Show already looks great! However I can't lie when I say I am maybe "just a tad" disappointed with these first set of screenshots.

Other then some small new additions to the stadiums like for example at Citizens Bank Park I see they have the new HD JumboTron and they added the 329 to the left field foul pole and also moved the 334 a little more to the right of the left field foul pole. I am very happy the Sony keeps making the stadiums more and more accurate with every version!

But I guess my reason for the "slight" disappointment is I expected the lighting and grass texture to be improved quite a bit. But to my eye it pretty much looks just like MLB 11 The Show. But of course these screenshots are so small so I really should not be judging how the game looks until I see a lot bigger screenshots.

It also looks like once again no Ball Boys/Ball Girls on chairs down the left and right field lines again. Looks like this will not happen until Playstation 4.

Also looks like no new Ads real or fake to any of the stadiums.

And no real LED Ribben boards in the stadiums.

But again these screenshots are way too small for me to really even say I am disappointed.

As long as the Presentation has had a major upgrade to reflect more of a true TV Network broadcast then I will be very happy. Even if the lighting and grass texture still look the same and some of the little things I was hoping for are still a no show.

I am looking forward to seeing bigger screenshots and hearing about all the new improvments that have been added to MLB 12 The Show.

Thank you to Sony and ESPN for giving us an early peak at MLB 12 The Show!
I totally agree, most of the stadium detail seems identical to last year. Would be great if we could customize the ads in the stadium, or at least choose what goes where.
I hoped to see Updated grass patterns and darker overall color palette... But I guess we'll see as these were only the first screens.

Great to see Jose Bautista with a beard looks much better!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I am not 100% sure but I think fielders now close their glove when making a catch.

In this screenshot it kind of looks like the fielders glove is almost closed. I don't remember seeing this in MLB 11 The Show.
No, that is what it looks like. That was one of the "minute details" I was referring to, plus the amount of shadow detail being cast on the little things (like the glove on the ball).

I don't think the skies have made a significant leap this year, but I do think there have been a lot of lighting changes. Taking the Bautista shots for example, there is something about night games that looks "darker" in a good way. It's not in the brightness department, though; it's in the saturation of the colors. Maybe it's just the way how Toronto's jersey and stadium look, but there's something different with the lighting that's making the "depth" of players on the screen looking a lot more fit, instead of just layer-caked on.

Also, the grass and dirt haven't made some of the more significant color alterations that I hoped they would (still an early batch of shots of course, but I am not one to be optimistic for those kinds of changes in the late stages of the game), but there are definitely differences to the colors and detail altogether. The dirt seems to have made more changes than the grass, but as most have pointed out, if you were expecting more detail, I don't think it's laid out on the ground. I suppose some sacrifices have to be made to maintain a good framerate, and I'm willing to let that slide, given that it looks like they've added more detail to the backdrop scenery, which is always a major plus.

The final thing is that I indeed do thing there have been refinements to the player models. Remember, they've been working hard on making a new skeleton for players, and now that they have it, I think that they can shape and mold players a little more differently based on said skeleton, and in that second Padres shot, it just seems more like each body part is more defined (particularly in the upper torso area). Again, maybe I'm looking for differences that aren't there, but it's not a stretch to imagine that these things haven't been worked on anyway.

I'm holding out until some raw gameplay footage to reserve final assessment on what the new visuals mean for the game, but this game means so much more than changes that can be seen in replay stills. If the lot of the presentation front has been given a face lift (we already know they have been hard at work in the sound effects department, for one), the visuals will drag along for the ride with it, almost like how the lighting as a whole seemed to make everything else in the game look that much better.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »