Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Standard and Collector's Edition Cover Art Revealed

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Standard and Collector's Edition Cover Art Revealed within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Standard and Collector's Edition Cover Art Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Rose
If that's the only thing that I'm paying for, EA better come and put the damn jacket on my back themselves.
Reading the post above yours should answer your question......
Old 12-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #18
Banned

Ceteris Paribus's Arena

OVR: 0

Tell me they scrapped the ridiculous caddy mode, and returned TrueAim to what we had in TW 11, then I might care.

TW 11 was awesomesauce. TW 12 was my biggest sports game disappointment of the year. I have no idea what to expect from TW 13.

Purple on the box! Woohoo!
Old 12-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #19
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Lazy? Um, no. Developing a title with a limited budget (compared to other sports games like Madden/FIFA and FPS shooters), yes.
Seems like a cop out IMO. Look a Top Spin 4, a game with likely even less of a budget that TW has, and which likely sold a lot less, but still managed to put out multiple updates to gameplay after it's release, even as recently as September. Compared to this, TW 12's post release support was pretty lackluster IMO.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Seems like a cop out IMO. Look a Top Spin 4, a game with likely even less of a budget that TW has, and which likely sold a lot less, but still managed to put out multiple updates to gameplay after it's release, even as recently as September. Compared to this, TW 12's post release support was pretty lackluster IMO.
I agree with your last statement.

However, unless you know firsthand what budget and resource limitations TW and TopSpin Devs were under, all you are doing is speculating and we can do that all day long and never come to a FACTUAL conclusion.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceteris Paribus
Tell me they scrapped the ridiculous caddy mode, and returned TrueAim to what we had in TW 11, then I might care.

TW 11 was awesomesauce. TW 12 was my biggest sports game disappointment of the year. I have no idea what to expect from TW 13.

Purple on the box! Woohoo!
And yet, TW12 won a couple of Sports game of the year awards....Kotaku comes to mind for one....go figure. I agree with you on the Caddy and TruAim though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
Rookie

ThomasP's Arena

OVR: 6

This is from Amazon for pre-order bonus.
  1. Amazon Exclusive Pre-order Bonus Pre-order Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 and receive the Amazon exclusive sports celebrity golfer pack including Ice Hockey legend Jeremy Roenick, Football Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk, Basketball super-star Dwight Howard and Boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard. The code to access the bonus content will be emailed to you within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasP
This is from Amazon for pre-order bonus.
  1. Amazon Exclusive Pre-order Bonus Pre-order Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 and receive the Amazon exclusive sports celebrity golfer pack including Ice Hockey legend Jeremy Roenick, Football Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk, Basketball super-star Dwight Howard and Boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard. The code to access the bonus content will be emailed to you within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
Is this some kind of joke? Instead of a preorder course they give us celebrity golfers instead. You gotta be kidding me. I'm sure you could put them in the PGA tour as well. Wow, EA is really putting out all the stops this year. That will make career mode feel totally immersive. Hopefully NBA2K12 takes notice and offers Justin Bieber as a preorder bonus next year.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 12-03-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #24
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Is this some kind of joke? Instead of a preorder course they give us celebrity golfers instead. You gotta be kidding me. I'm sure you could put them in the PGA tour as well. Wow, EA is really putting out all the stops this year. That will make career mode feel totally immersive. Hopefully NBA2K12 takes notice and offers Justin Bieber as a preorder bonus next year.
Well, this eliminates Amazon.com as a potential pre-order option for me! This type of ploy is lost on guys like you and me, but they're obviously pandering to a market they think they can reach with this. I'd love to have at least 15 solid pros so that EA Sports would have the option of including at least a 16 player, match play tournament in Career mode play. That would easily be the main attraction of a Career mode season, at least the way you're playing against an off-camera, spread-sheet field now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »