Home

MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #73
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsonoma01

Dont everyone yell at me just yet, the article has some wonderful news. I just know what I have learned over the last two editions, and that every year is a new gimmick. 2010 year of the catcher. 2011 new pitching and hitting controls with the stick. 2012 playstation move and vita. Still no franchise news.
I understand where you're coming from but calling the new analog control scheme a gimmick is just crazy. It gave us such a needed breeze of fresh air playing the game!
Old 12-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I just hope the Commentary and Presentation really did get a complete overhaul and not just a small upgrade with new colors.

I guess I will find out soon and hope I will not be disappointed for another year.

All I am hoping for is a Presentation that could fool someone into thinking they are watching a MLB.tv broadcast instead of a video game.
well when Russie mentioned MLB.tv i had deja vu as I was watching some games on it this year i said to my girlfriend, why doesnt SCEA watch there games and get tips on how overlays/swipes should look.

I guess they did just that.

But yes I hope the overlay part gets totally redone.
From hangover to makeover.

And get rid of the player photos in the batter walk ups.
that NEVER happens on any teams broadcast.

In any event I hope its a visually massive change.

Hopefully this means all the old cut scenes have gone bye-bye.
Tho SCEA never gets rid of stuff so they might be in there as a option.

Glad Russ and the boys listened to our psychotic ramblings about the tv style presentation aspects of the best baseball game ever.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #75
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
It looks like there are a couple new generic options for cleats and batting gloves, but I read in a thread a few weeks ago that licensed gear was going to be in the game. Waiting for screen shots of that to confirm.
Can you find this...because I find it hard to believe. I do believe and we have seen that there will be different options of cleats (but I have a feeling they are all fictional designs)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #76
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I hope everyone does not overhype themselves to the level of disappointment. I am sure a lot of time energy and effort have been put into the presentation and commentary but to think you can replace all the past commentary (which is extremely deep) with the something entirely new would be impossible. I am sure what we will see is the beginning groundwork towards everyones expectations on what they would like to see in the presentation/ commentary.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #77
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
well when Russie mentioned MLB.tv i had deja vu as I was watching some games on it this year i said to my girlfriend, why doesnt SCEA watch there games and get tips on how overlays/swipes should look.

I guess they did just that.

But yes I hope the overlay part gets totally redone.
From hangover to makeover.

And get rid of the player photos in the batter walk ups.
that NEVER happens on any teams broadcast.

In any event I hope its a visually massive change.

Hopefully this means all the old cut scenes have gone bye-bye.
Tho SCEA never gets rid of stuff so they might be in there as a option.

Glad Russ and the boys listened to our psychotic ramblings about the tv style presentation aspects of the best baseball game ever.
All new cut scenes would be ok by me

Along with more foul ball camera angles too.

And yes I to hope the player photos in the batter walk ups are gone for good.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #78
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Can you find this...because I find it hard to believe. I do believe and we have seen that there will be different options of cleats (but I have a feeling they are all fictional designs)
It was in that thread from the OS article "10 things the show needs" or something or other. #6 was licensed gear and Woodweaver made a post that 6 or so out of the 10 were already in the game and he listed number 6 in his list.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #79
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I hope everyone does not overhype themselves to the level of disappointment. I am sure a lot of time energy and effort have been put into the presentation and commentary but to think you can replace all the past commentary (which is extremely deep) with the something entirely new would be impossible. I am sure what we will see is the beginning groundwork towards everyones expectations on what they would like to see in the presentation/ commentary.
Thats what I am thinking to what we see in MLB 12 The Show as far as presentation/ commentary is just phaze 1. But I hope Phaze 1 is still a huge improvment to what we have had since the PS2 days. I know that the Sony guys will do the best they can given they only have around 9 months to do it. And I am sure it will be a nice improvment over what the presentation has been like all these years. I am not expecting to be perfect and be 100% the way I was hoping for but atleast I know Sony is trying to improve the presentation.

Last edited by tnixen; 12-09-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #80
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
It was in that thread from the OS article "10 things the show needs" or something or other. #6 was licensed gear and Woodweaver made a post that 6 or so out of the 10 were already in the game and he listed number 6 in his list.
I found the post, but I think he was referring to another poster, rather than the article. Somebody posted this

Quote:
The Show 11 is one of the best baseball games of all time. But I'm a baseball nerd, so I have suggestions anyway.

1) There should be analogue controls still in online play. It's one of the best things about the game, but not having it takes away from online mode.

2) Fifa 11 had a "personality trait" engine for players which could be neat for The Show.

For example: BJ Upton - Inconsisentent
Brian Wilson - Flamboyant
Tim Hudson - never stops battling
Jeter - clutch

3) Diving catches in the outfield shouldn't be impossible, but they are. They should be hard, but they're seriously almost impossible unless the player is a premium defender. But in reality, Melky Cabrera or Eric Hinske lay out successfully a few times a year.

4) Outfielders get stuck in animations when they're interacting with the wall. This effects gameplay sometimes.

5) There are never player collisions. There should be.

6) If a line drive hits a pitcher in the face, he should be injured. Inversely, pitchers shouldn't be hit with line drives so often.

7) Sometimes outfielders should slam into the wall when they make an amazing catch. We should be left wondering "is he ok? will he stay down? did he hold on to the ball?".

8) It doesn't seem like injuries actually result from plays on The Show 11. For example, if a runner goes in hard to second to break up a double play, sometimes a middle infielder gets hurt. Instead, a window pops up saying a player is injured but nothing noticeable happened.

9) In Franchise mode, it is irritating to have to constantly toggle training assignments. There's no way to know how often you should change them. Moreover, it seems that changing them never leads to player improvement, but not changing them leads to a decline in ability.

10) I LOVE the Show. But the lighting engine in the 2K series looks b@d@ss. Maybe take notes?

Somebody else responded to this post with :
Quote:
You can use analog online.

You just have to make sure you set it in your online settings.
And Woodweaver responded to them saying:

Quote:
Yep, and 3, 4, 5, 6, & 10 are already in the game too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »