Home

MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #81
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
I found the post, but I think he was referring to another poster, rather than the article. Somebody posted this

Somebody else responded to this post with :

And Woodweaver responded to them saying:
Bummer, I thought they finally put it in. Every other sports game has real gear, its time the show did to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

The True Broadcast Presentation sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Commentary (Which we obviously won't know till we hear it in action) sounds like they just added a few new topics to talk about rather then a complete overhaul. From what was mentioned there, I doubt they have made it 2K levels (but I hope to be proven wrong)
Old 12-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
I understand where you're coming from but calling the new analog control scheme a gimmick is just crazy. It gave us such a needed breeze of fresh air playing the game!

Perhaps 'gimmick' is too strong a word. And it was some fresh air, although I pesonally never used it, but I still couldnt play a franchise or rtts without running into massive contract and trade issues 3-4 seasons into the game.

That is my point. The controls were nice, but not needed. The be the catcher was nice, but not needed. This playstation move is nice, but not needed. In order for the game to be worth playing beyond 3-4 seasons into the game the trade logic and monetary system NEEDS to be fixed.

And it probably has. We will see.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsonoma01
Perhaps 'gimmick' is too strong a word. And it was some fresh air, although I pesonally never used it, but I still couldnt play a franchise or rtts without running into massive contract and trade issues 3-4 seasons into the game.

That is my point. The controls were nice, but not needed. The be the catcher was nice, but not needed. This playstation move is nice, but not needed. In order for the game to be worth playing beyond 3-4 seasons into the game the trade logic and monetary system NEEDS to be fixed.

And it probably has. We will see.
I agree it's not needed for good gameplay. I'm not impressed in general with move features in other games in general. Let see how they've implemented it.

My only concern is IF they spent alot of dev cycles in Move and Vita port. I'm high Sony instances pressured them to fully support those marketing features.

But still impressed with what we've heard so far. If I can have my roof open/closed on some stadiums I'll be happy !!!
Old 12-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #85
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10
First time since NFL 2k5 that I will purchase a sports title the same year it's released on console.

Can't wait.

New presentation
New ball physics
Improved game commentary

All three are important, but the commentary has me excited. I'm hoping this will be a start to what will become a regular improvement of the in the box speak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #86
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Shame there's no online play between Vita and PS3, that would have kicked so much butt! I want to see what that one online mode will be, though. Somebody suggested 9 v. 9 with RttS players, but I just don't see it happening.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #87
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Thats what I am thinking to what we see in MLB 12 The Show as far as presentation/ commentary is just phaze 1. But I hope Phaze 1 is still a huge improvment to what we have had since the PS2 days. I know that the Sony guys will do the best they can given they only have around 9 months to do it. And I am sure it will be a nice improvment over what the presentation has been like all these years. I am not expecting to be perfect and be 100% the way I was hoping for but atleast I know Sony is trying to improve the presentation.

This is much more likely than a total replacement.
That would be impossible in one cycle.
Also....I think the licensed gear was perhaps the Rawlings gloves and perhaps the New Era caps. I don't think he meant ALL licensed gear.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #88
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
This is much more likely than a total replacement.
That would be impossible in one cycle.
Also....I think the licensed gear was perhaps the Rawlings gloves and perhaps the New Era caps. I don't think he meant ALL licensed gear.

M.K.
Knight165
That may be what he meant. New Era logos arent on the actual hats that can be seen, but they do have the New Era ads in the game I think. The rawlings stuff wouldnt count as "licensed" since it was just the rawlings models of gloves and bats with the show logo on them. Models of other brands like nike, mizuno, adidias etc and stuff with the show logos or something would be a good start, but really since all other sports games have brand name stuff in the game its time the baseball games do as well. Football, Basketball and Soccer have had brand name stuff for 5+ years now if I can recall correctly (even the old NCAA baseball game had real cleats and bats). Baseball has to get on the ball so to speak lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »