Home

MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview - Play 162 Game Season With Playstation Move

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview - Play 162 Game Season With Playstation Move within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Mlb 12 the Show "Playsation Move" Preview

I'm really excited to see how the player models interact with us controlling the bat when we're in our stances. Is it possible that we can kind of "makeshift" our own versions of their stances while they're batting? For instance, if I wanted to give myself a Griffey pose when batting, it might be reflective in-game as I'm batting with somebody?

Or do you think they scrapped out the "stance" portion this year that was in the floating bat mechanism for HRD last year, and they'll just have their stance until you swing with them?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm really excited to see how the player models interact with us controlling the bat when we're in our stances. Is it possible that we can kind of "makeshift" our own versions of their stances while they're batting? For instance, if I wanted to give myself a Griffey pose when batting, it might be reflective in-game as I'm batting with somebody?

Or do you think they scrapped out the "stance" portion this year that was in the floating bat mechanism for HRD last year, and they'll just have their stance until you swing with them?
I don't think that would be possible with Move... Basically the only info you can give with the Move stick is how you orient and move your bat, and *not* how you actually move your body.

But I can reasonably assure Move will be much, much more realistic than analog, because there's a lot more detailed info you can transmit between the game and the controller.

Now, if you have a bunch of Move sticks and attach them to your body and do something similar to motion capture, that's another story but I don't think the time is ripe for it... But theoretically possible... maybe next generation gaming...
Old 12-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19
thats nice, but playing 162 games every at bat.
I can see alot of injuries, especially those that really want to swing like they are really playing.
it woudl be nice if they had a life size bat also, to work with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #12
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview - Play 162 Game Season With Playstation Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
thats nice, but playing 162 games every at bat.
I can see alot of injuries, especially those that really want to swing like they are really playing.
it woudl be nice if they had a life size bat also, to work with.
Not quite lifesize but there are a few decent third party accesories out there.

I bought a different one then this and it worked OK. But my son took it outside and used it as a lightsaber so it's broken now...
Old 12-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #13
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I don't think that would be possible with Move... Basically the only info you can give with the Move stick is how you orient and move your bat, and *not* how you actually move your body.

But I can reasonably assure Move will be much, much more realistic than analog, because there's a lot more detailed info you can transmit between the game and the controller.

Now, if you have a bunch of Move sticks and attach them to your body and do something similar to motion capture, that's another story but I don't think the time is ripe for it... But theoretically possible... maybe next generation gaming...
That's what I was thinking. Me bending my knees wouldn't do anything for the player, unless our calibration means that the camera knows the proper height and facing of the controller to do these very things for us. Probably not, though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 30
I can't see playing every at bat with this. I didn't read the article but I wonder if u can assign Move functionality to certain players on ur team so u don't have to use the Move for every at bat.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
it'd be nice if they would allow us to play something other than 162 game seasons. How about letting us shorten the season so that instead of playing 3 game series you can play 2 or even 1 for a really short season. I can never make it through a full season, i hate to sim games and 162 games is just so much to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #16
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview - Play 162 Game Season With Playstation Move

I'm not sure if I missed it in the article but surely we will be able to use the move with our RTTS player right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »