Home

MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #97
Rookie

ChrisHansen59's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

So happy for new ball physics. That's the thing that really felt stale in 11, along with commentary. Can't wait for the franchise overhaul either.

Kudos to SCEA.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #98
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

New True Broadcast Presentation
New Ball Physics
New Massive Overhaul Commentary

1 out of 3 aint bad. I turn off commentary and presentation cam no matter what. I hate making the game feel like I am watching it on TV. I want it to feel like I am playing.

Now I just hope they fix the outfielder physics. I hate seeing every OF play like a 21yo Andrew Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
Loving that they finally made presentation and commentary their No. 1 priority this year.
Ya, but I liked when he said ball physics was his favorite change this year. It is kinda like a "wink wink" to the gamers out there that dont care about making the game look like TV.

Last edited by Black59Razr; 12-09-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #99
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black59Razr
New Ball Physics

1 out of 3 aint bad. I turn off commentary and presentation cam no matter what. I hate making the game feel like I am watching it on TV. I want it to feel like I am playing.

Now I just hope they fix the outfielder physics. I hate seeing every OF play like a 21yo Andrew Jones.

Ya, but I liked when he said ball physics was his favorite change this year. It is kinda like a "wink wink" to the gamers out there that dont care about making the game look like TV.

I won't promise you the world but I can tell you that the overall speed of all the fielders has been slowed down a bit. Along with their reaction time and arm strength. There is still a bit of tuning left to go but at this point in development its already an improvement over last year.

ai
Old 12-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black59Razr
New Ball Physics

is that what that was? lol i think he just liked that part of it.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #101
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I won't promise you the world but I can tell you that the overall speed of all the fielders has been slowed down a bit. Along with their reaction time and arm strength. There is still a bit of tuning left to go but at this point in development its already an improvement over last year.

ai
That is great news! Or maybe its bad news; considering I played over 400 games this year. I'm really gonna have no life next year

I am just hoping to see guys like Adam Dunn completely whiff on line drives to left field. I LOVE the way RTTS outfielders don't instantly show the ball indicator. I wish the CPU's OFs, and users, could impliment that system. Perhaps a top flight OF's indicators can appear instantly, and a 40 year old cather, for example, wont appear for a full second, leaving him to guess on the first few steps.

This year, I ended up putting fielding on manual, just so both teams could equally dominate in the outfield.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #102
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

"For PS3, we have a brand-new mode that is really, really innovative. Nobody has every done a multiplayer mode like this in any sports game, ever."

I don't think it's 9 on 9 because he said any SPORTS game, ever. FIFA and NHL have both done this type of Online Team Play.

Maybe a Co-op RTTS? You could go online with friends and play with your RTTS player or possibly playing on the same team offline with a friend? That is my only guess because I don't really see what else could be done as far as Online Franchise goes? I don't think any sports game has ever introduced a co-op player mode? I'm very excited to find out though!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:33 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 8

Like I said earlier, SCEA always does a great job making improvements to The Show year in and year out. With that said, this new multiplayer mode... they have to get the net code up to par first. If the game runs horribly online (and let's be honest, it DOES run horribly online) nobody is gonna wanna play it, regardless of how much fun it is. Online is a huge part of most games nowadays, and it needs to get a lot attention for 2012. Console online gaming has been around for years now, there should be no reason The Show should perform so poorly online, especially when the offline game is so damn good.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:42 AM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 8

I stand corrected. Apparently, this new mode doesn't necessarily involve multiplayer or online functionality. My comments stand though. Online play needs a MAJOR upgrade when it comes to smoothness, timing, and playability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »