Home

MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
A comment I noticed about the Vita version:

Boy, we really dodged a bullet there. That would have sucked, BIG TIME.
10-4 I have been waiting anxiously for info on the Vita version. If they announced a arcade version I would have been devastated. Itching to see Vita screen or video.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #114
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

I hope these new Ball physics also means we will see more hooking of baseball. Like when you hit a fly ball down the line and its fear most of the way then starts hooking foul. Also hopfully no more of those really slow high Home Runs that seem to take for ever to leave the ball park. Someone here called it a UFO. LOL

These are some of the issues I have with the Ball physics in MLB 11 The Show. Most fly balls don't seem to hook enough and are always too stright.

Since the Ball physics code was completely thrown out and redone I expect big improvments!! Must be great if Russell said its his favorite new addition.

Hopfully the new Ball physics wil now be just like what you see in real MLB baseball games.

Can''t wait to see the new Ball physics in action!

Last edited by tnixen; 12-11-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #115

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Everything sounds fantastic. Can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #116
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I hope these new Ball physics also means we will see more hooking of baseball. Like when you hit a fly ball down the line and its fear most of the way then starts hooking foul. Also hopfully no more of those really slow high Home Runs that seem to take for ever to leave the ball park. Someone here called it a UFO. LOL

These are some of the issues I have with the Ball physics in MLB 11 The Show. Most fly balls don't seem to hook enough and are always too stright.

Since the Ball physics code was completely thrown out and redone I expect big improvments!! Must be great if Russell said its his favorite new addition.

Hopfully the new Ball physics wil now be just like what you see in real MLB baseball games.

Can''t wait to see the new Ball physics in action!
Sounds Good!
Old 12-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #117
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollienyy
The True Broadcast Presentation sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Commentary (Which we obviously won't know till we hear it in action) sounds like they just added a few new topics to talk about rather then a complete overhaul. From what was mentioned there, I doubt they have made it 2K levels (but I hope to be proven wrong)
Ya sounds like commentary was enhanced but not overhauled... Hopefully that enhancing will include natural interaction between the PBP guys

I'm excited about "True" Broadcast Presentation and I hope it's more then just camera cuts and also includes improved graphic overlays and a score graphic that displays pitch count
Old 12-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #118
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Score overlays definitely need to be changed. I hate the fact that it says "MLB The Show 11" on the score at the top of the screen, meanwhile I am in 2015 in my Franchise.

They should create a fake network (or sign up with MLB Network) and "broadcast" from a network that IS NOT called the same name as the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
Ya sounds like commentary was enhanced but not overhauled... Hopefully that enhancing will include natural interaction between the PBP guys

I'm excited about "True" Broadcast Presentation and I hope it's more then just camera cuts and also includes improved graphic overlays and a score graphic that displays pitch count
Old 12-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #119
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3

Same here new camera cuts are nice and all but I am hoping for brand new overlays and a new scorebar aswell. I want a lot of new flashy looking overlays with all kinds of stats.

I want the popup overlay when a batter hits a Home Run to appear like in this screenshot.

These screenshots are just some of the kind of overlays would like to see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20.jpg (135.2 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg 21.jpg (138.6 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 12-11-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #120
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
great to see that they are working on the presentation.
But what about the swing stick. any refinements,any chnages. last years swing stick was not fun at all. it wasnt intuitive enough.
How intuitive can it be ? Down lifts the batter's leg to start the swing and up follows through. I think they did alright with it. What else can you do with it ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »