Home

Madden NFL 12: Best Position Switches

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12: Best Position Switches within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
I was using the Bills in an offline franchise a couple years ago and had my top 2 RBs go down with injuries. I moved T.O. to RB and I believe he got a OVR boost. Also, most of the older corners get an OVR boost when you move them to FS.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #10
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
I don't edit his position or anything but I use Darren Sproles as my slot receiver in Singleback formation subs.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 12: Best Position Switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajimithing
I was using the Bills in an offline franchise a couple years ago and had my top 2 RBs go down with injuries. I moved T.O. to RB and I believe he got a OVR boost. Also, most of the older corners get an OVR boost when you move them to FS.
I moved CB Jabari Greer to FS after his speed dropped to 86.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2
anybody thats been playing madden since the ps2 days should know the olbs most of them at least are better at de
Old 12-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 12: Best Position Switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by newefan
anybody thats been playing madden since the ps2 days should know the olbs most of them at least are better at de
The thing is that Madden after all these years still doesn't make a difference between 4-3 and 3-4 defenses, so all players are rated by the same standards, meaning an OLB gets high OVR from high pass rush AND high pass coverage skills, and DEs get measured by run stop AND pass rush skills. So most 3-4 OLBs are good pass rushers, but not good at coverage, so moving them to DE simply takes their cover skills out of the equation, making them look better.

In the end, it's putting lipstick on a pig, it doesn't really matter since the OVR of players doesn't matter. If you run a 4-3, I don't care how great a pass rusher Aldon Smith is, his 50ish cover skills make him pretty unusable to me as a LB even if his pass rush skills give him a good OVR rating. At the same time, there are many 4-3 DTs in the game that are great run stoppers with a bit of speed, so they're perfectly suited to be DEs in a 3-4 but the game won't give them a good rating because they aren't great pass rushers, which again doesn't actually matter ingame since you'll get your pass rush from your OLBs if you run a 3-4.

So the lesson is, don't just jump on a player because of a high OVR, you need to actually look at his skills to judge how good he will be on the field. At the same time, a player doesn't magically get better just because you move him to another position. Moving Reggie Bush to WR may give his OVR a boost, but again, lipstick on a pig, he's still the same player with the same skills. There's no need to edit his position, as a HB, you can just put him on your WR depth chart or formation sub him if you want him to line up wide. Actually, if you play franchise, it's better to use him in a position where his OVR is lower, because it will allow his skills to progress further.

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:56 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
Kirk Morrison MLB to SS... Goes Up Huge
Old 12-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 4
I found a much better replacement for CJ Spiller at the runningback position, and tonight I am tempted to move him to WR, to see if he gets much of a boost. I'm in year 2, and his current OVR is an 82. He's a 95 speed with 99 agility and 99 acceleration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #16
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Don't forget moving Antoine Winfield to SS. I believe he makes the jump to a 96 overall (which would be his position IF our corners could stay healthy).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »