Home

NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today

I know it will bum out a good portion here but considering I am 35 games into My Player and well invested in that, I wouldn't go back for the 66 game season or even the rookies at this point.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #10
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bll
Ronnie is not a Dev. Buy I see what you're saying.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Then my statement is retracted. He was relaying a message that it wouldn't be implemented.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #11
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Pretty weak for simulation fans. I thought 2k was prepared to address any contingencies as a result of the lockout. I can see 2k not wanting to do something only for this year, but it seems like their willingness to work on anything that doesn't directly lead to revenue this year has waned, like the few fixes in the patch. This is going to make me quite a bit less hyped about 2k13, regards of the promotionals and insights. 2k12 looked to be a home run (wrong sport) primarily because of 2k11's quality and support. If 2k12 is left in its current state, I'm going to be a bit skeptical of 2k13.
Was this really a huge deal though in the grand scheme of things?

The only mode that is seriously hurt by this is Season Mode. Other modes go back to normal within one season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 22

Doesn't bother me one bit to be honest. I'll continue to do 58 / 82 games without being bothered by the fact that the NBA is only playing 66 games this year.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #13
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

"Everything can be patched" - Thankfully that nonsense will end
Old 12-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #14
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Pretty weak for simulation fans. I thought 2k was prepared to address any contingencies as a result of the lockout. I can see 2k not wanting to do something only for this year, but it seems like their willingness to work on anything that doesn't directly lead to revenue this year has waned, like the few fixes in the patch. This is going to make me quite a bit less hyped about 2k13, regards of the promotionals and insights. 2k12 looked to be a home run (wrong sport) primarily because of 2k11's quality and support. If 2k12 is left in its current state, I'm going to be a bit skeptical of 2k13.
How was 2K supposed to know that once everything was settled the season would be exactly 66 games? This was not something that you could just plan for. It's like people are ignoring the fact that there was a lockout and expecting everything to be perfect. I know sim people might be upset, but realistically speaking I don't see how people could think that this would be something that could just be patched in.

So you have a 66 gm season, then every other season is 82 games? Association has never allowed you to change season length for different seasons first of all, and there's always been the standard of 29, 58, and 82 games. Again I understand why this may be a letdown for some but to make the jump and call 2K lazy for not being able to add this is just unnecessary.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 12-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Doesn't bother me one bit to be honest. I'll continue to do 58 / 82 games without being bothered by the fact that the NBA is only playing 66 games this year.
Same here. It'd have been cool, but I didn't expect it to happen and I fully understand why it couldn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #16
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
By the way - it's bothersome for a "developer" on here to be so critical of other developers. That's very low brow and I would expect more from the representative of a company.
Are you kidding me? Pared this guy is constantly hammering other developers!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »