Home

Is This the New Miami Marlins Ballpark in MLB 12 The Show?

This is a discussion on Is This the New Miami Marlins Ballpark in MLB 12 The Show? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #17
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - New Miami Marlins Ballpark

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Thanks for the reply. You are right. It's no on both. I found the post and it said they had to build the stadiums for Vita and couldn't rebuild the stadiums with the roof closed.
Rebuild here is the key.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #18
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Updated OP. Since I'm now confused LOL.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #19
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Is This the New Miami Marlins Ballpark in MLB 12 The Show?

I'm sorry for being uninitiated, but in real life do they ever close/open the roof *during* a game due to a sudden weather change? (Of course they wouldn't do that intentionally, but I'm just wondering if it is done rather regularly...)
Old 12-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #20
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I'm sorry for being uninitiated, but in real life do they ever close/open the roof *during* a game due to a sudden weather change? (Of course they wouldn't do that intentionally, but I'm just wondering if it is done rather regularly...)
Normally, if the forecast predicts severe weather or extreme heat, they'll leave the roof closed anyway. It's not a bad default in those places where this stuff happens often, but if they have to do it, they might go between innings and make it happen. Otherwise, it's just not that common.

That's not to say stadiums don't alternate between one and the other, though. Seattle has its roof closed on occasion, as Arizona also has its roof open time to time. Not only is it the roof, it's also the panels... and the ball's flight may take effect as well. I don't know if they would consider all of this stuff when implementing a retractable roof for stadiums, but if this video is any indication (and any of it is actually from the game itself), I think we might be in for a real treat down the road... to the show.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #21
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
If you watch "Gameday" on MLB.com...they have Show banners and ads in there(funny since another game actually has the MLB ties! Nice steal Sony!). It looks nothing like this...but ....

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah I have noticed that too. It prompted a post I made about SCEA requesting a network branding deal in return.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #22
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Normally, if the forecast predicts severe weather or extreme heat, they'll leave the roof closed anyway. It's not a bad default in those places where this stuff happens often, but if they have to do it, they might go between innings and make it happen. Otherwise, it's just not that common.

That's not to say stadiums don't alternate between one and the other, though. Seattle has its roof closed on occasion, as Arizona also has its roof open time to time. Not only is it the roof, it's also the panels... and the ball's flight may take effect as well. I don't know if they would consider all of this stuff when implementing a retractable roof for stadiums, but if this video is any indication (and any of it is actually from the game itself), I think we might be in for a real treat down the road... to the show.
I just asked because Russell_SCEA said that the stadium models are not made of lego pieces, which perhaps means they are static and made of no dynamic components. So if people really want true dynamic weather implemented some time later and the stadium roofs respond accordingly *during the game*, then continuing on with the system with stadium models with roofs open/closed might not go a long way...

(Either way I'm fine...)

it's just amazing how much realism people want in this game, and once the models for stadiums with roof open/closed get implemented, there probably will be some people crying out loud for IN-GAME dynamical roof opening/closing based on weather change...

It's so hard to satisfy everyone!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #23
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
it doesnt happen often, but the mlb rule is that if the roof is open and weather warrants it being closed then it will be closed at the completion of the current full inning. now from what I have read most roofs take 20-30 minutes to fully close, so it may be possible to not wait for the inning to end if the weather is bad enough.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #24
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Been to a few games at Safeco where they have closed the roof during the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »