Home

NCAA Basketball 12: What Might Have Been

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 12: What Might Have Been within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Basketball 12: What Might Have Been

On the heels of the OS College Hoops 2K12 mock review, comes a review for the series that tried to compete with the College Hoops series.

Even with NBA Elite 11 being scrapped in 2010 following EA abandoning NCAA Basketball 10 in 2009, fans can all agree that gamers need a college basketball game. With EA owning the rights for now, what if EA was releasing NCAA Basketball 12? Here’s what the OS review might look like…

Read More - NCAA Basketball 12: What Might Have Been
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9
Sounds great, but does the game still freeze?
Old 12-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18
A good college BB game from EA? Definitely more fiction than fact in here.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #4

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
What a waste of a license. Either make a game or give it up.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19
skimmed through the article,
but I notice that you didnt mention the imrpoved CPU controlled teams.EAch team should play like the real thing. In 10 here were only 2 types of teams. those that play uptempo amdlaunches shot quickly and those that run the game through the post.
does the CPU controlled teams change theri game play based on their yearly recruits?
EA college basketball 10 was pretty to look at, but that was about it. AI and CPU controlled teams were horrible, and it seems like they still didnt adress that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19
They were actually pointing in the right direction with this game.

But as usual with EA/Tiburon Football, Basketball games, they have such a conscience effort to "Limit" gamers as far as customization.

And of course the freezes/glitches/gliding movements that seem to be the norm in most of their games nowdays.

If they provided some sliders like in all their other games, the community could've done alot with this game.

One of the biggest gripes I have with this game is that in their effort to sport their graphics, they make the court too small so that there was no room for the game to play out properly.

They had the foundation in place with the offensive system they injected, but Skynet was rampant, preventing any kind of drive to the basket and fastbreaks.

Presentation was ok, but as usual with all their games, it becomes repetative very quickly.
There was no variance between the ESPN and CBS Broadcast styles other than the logo's.

I just goes to show the lack of a vision with EA/Tiburon concerning Football/Basketball.

Paying loads of money for Exclusive rights for NCAA and ESPN license, yet get absolutely NOTHING from it.
Especially with College Basketball were there is no competition to push/measure them against (like college football).

If only the lightbulb would go off in somebody's head at 2k to provide a robust customization module that would allow gamers to create/inject logo's etc..., they could produce a generic game and the community would slap the skins over the top of it.

I do want some College BBall, but I don't want it from EA.

I'll give my "if only's..." and "what if's..." to another developer.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
Sounds great, but does the game still freeze?
lol! ha ha ha good one!..well does it?
Old 12-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
A good college BB game from EA? Definitely more fiction than fact in here.
NCAA Basketball 10 was a really good game. Not as good as 2k8, but still pretty great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »