Home

Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Videos

This is a discussion on Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Videos within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Cover Art Revealed, Demo Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
@bigball12 - It wasn't in the demo but that doesn't mean it isn't in the full game.

@Pappy Knuckles - I had no problem with the TRC system. It was easy to get used to for me and I haven't used the face buttons for gameplay in the times I have played.
I know you've only played a limited time but does the TRC system seem to be an easy to learn, hard to master mechanic? For any tennis game that is a must or it becomes way too easy to nail corners within a week.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #18
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Cover Art Revealed, Demo Available Now

Sorry to see the demo got pulled. I still have it on my HD, unfortunately do not have a capture card.

Here were my impressions. Played one match on the highest difficulty, but the Cliffs' Notes version is that the gameplay falls well short of TS4 as far as realism. More arcadey than sim.

Well the commentary's ok. The gameplay...not as good as TS4 IMO. More arcadey. I just hit a one hand topspin BH with Nadal. Somewhere between VT and TS. Not truly arcadey but not truly sim either. The presentation is good, Cash and Mac are good on commentary.

I guess I should say the only players available are Djoker and Nadal at Wimbledon.

So the good and bad:
Good:
-Commentary adds to the game...I wish this commentary/presentation was in TS4 though.
-The TRC is a good addition, though I still went back to the buttons by reflex. May be willing to give it more of a try though.
-CPU did make UE's, which is something that can be hard to see from the CPU in TS4 (sorry to compare it to TS4, but I've spent hours upon hours with that game and as the most recent great tennis game to come out it's a good comparison). The W/UE count was more realistic.

Bad:
-Slice strokes don't even look like slice strokes
-Movement is floaty
-Players don't show emotion immediately after points, only in cut scenes. Saved a match point with Nadal and he just stood there like it was nothing.
-Gameplay just doesn't seem that good, certainly not as good as TS4.

That's after only 1 game on the hardest difficulty. Granted it's not god awful, but seeing stuff like Nadal hitting a 1HBH and lack of player emotion takes me out of the experience. I'll play a bit more to give further impressions, but I was disappointed overall, and I'm usually an easy sell.

PSN: dsavbeast

Last edited by rangerrick012; 12-21-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:11 PM   #19

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
It looks fun but only thing I really didnt like was it looked like they were sliding at times, foot planting is very important for this sport.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #20

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
yea they are moving way too fast, pretty much sliding/gliding. sometimes when they are just out of position to hit the ball the animation speeds up dramatically to compensate. But dont wanna sound like im trying to bash the game, im looking forward to this just would like to see these things addressed.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:38 AM   #21
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Videos

My 2nd thoughts are a bit less harsh. If you accept that this isn't aiming to be a sim as far as gameplay, then it's a fun game. Hopefully some of the little things are cleaned up for the full game, or when the 'official' demo comes out.

PSN: dsavbeast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2011, 04:47 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Does this demo support the Playstation Move? I am very curious to see how it'll work. I've been waiting for a tennis game with anything near 1:1 movement...let's hope this is it.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 0
Its seems very good. I really like Top Spin and it seems similar. I'm not that big a Tennis fan and don't really get the nuances of tennis so I don't know if it is realistic. I don't actually own any Tennis games either. The one thing I will say is that the gameplay felt a little too fast and it felt like the players were ice skating and not running.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just watched the demo video and I'm encouraged. I was a pretty good TS4 player that stopped suddenly, and one aspect of that game I had trouble with was putting away volleys, even easy ones, so playing the net became awkward. This video shows some good volleys that end points well. Overall a little arcadey, but looks fun

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »