Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Announcement and First Feature Details

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Announcement and First Feature Details within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #9
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods 13 Announcement + First Feature Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
Haha. No worries man. I'm confident you'll like what you get this year. I feel like they really paid homage to the hardcore fans this year. My full impressions will be out later on and I'll be sure to put a link in the comments here as well. It will give you a more detailed look on things I saw while in Orlando and what to expect. Glad I could help!
One other quick item of interest to me... have they made many changes to the camera presentation options this year? I like TrueAim, but I'd like to have the option to cut to a finishing view camera similar to what they use in Tiger Woods Online on the PC. I also found it annoying how you would always drop to a waist high view of the putt at the moment of impact. I'd prefer to keep my perspective locked at the shoulder or head height, to better see how the putt played out.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5
great news about the swing mechanics....after 22 yrs, this game might actually start feeling like golf.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
great news about the swing mechanics....after 22 yrs, this game might actually start feeling like golf.
hehe...don't hold your breath. The new swing mechanic will be clunky and unresponsive, just like all their other titles (e.g. Madden) yet people will still be able to shoot -30 on any given round of golf. Me personally, I'm tired of Tiger Woods...to be honest I can't stand the guy. I really wish EA would move on.

I'm holding until they figure out how to make a golf game where it's a challenge to shoot par, I don't expect this to be it. May give it another look in 20 years or so then give TW another look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #12
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
I was one of the Game Changers involved in the community event down in Orlando, and if there is anything you want to know about the new swing mechanic or other info, I'll try to answer! I can also be more commonly found on Twitter @CoreySA if you guys have anything to ask me on there.
Can you tell me a little about the Kinect integration?..Would like to know how it works
Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Can you tell me a little about the Kinect integration?..Would like to know how it works
Kinect integration for Xbox will get a full reveal on January 24th. Unfortunately until then I am under NDA and cannot discuss it.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #14
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
One other quick item of interest to me... have they made many changes to the camera presentation options this year? I like TrueAim, but I'd like to have the option to cut to a finishing view camera similar to what they use in Tiger Woods Online on the PC. I also found it annoying how you would always drop to a waist high view of the putt at the moment of impact. I'd prefer to keep my perspective locked at the shoulder or head height, to better see how the putt played out.
Due to the swing meter being different and uniform for all clubs, the putting camera angles have changed although I'm not really sure what they settled on. Last time I looked at the game was in September and they were still working on presentational features and camera angles so I really couldn't answer that one with accuracy, but yes there are some different looks this year.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
hehe...don't hold your breath. The new swing mechanic will be clunky and unresponsive, just like all their other titles (e.g. Madden) yet people will still be able to shoot -30 on any given round of golf. Me personally, I'm tired of Tiger Woods...to be honest I can't stand the guy. I really wish EA would move on.

I'm holding until they figure out how to make a golf game where it's a challenge to shoot par, I don't expect this to be it. May give it another look in 20 years or so then give TW another look.
Don't know how you could claim it will be clunky and unresponsive...were we watching the same video? I know a couple of the guys who went to the TW Community Day and I can assure you if what you claim were the case, they would have said something about it. I understand how you feel about EA Sports games from your comments, but nothing in that video contained a hint of what you claim....

Anyway, there is some very good discussion clarifying the new swing mechanic, ball physics and gameplay difficulty in the EA Tiger forums....

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li....page#19356274

Last edited by DivotMaker; 01-10-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Any early word if the Kinect reads the golf swing any better than The Move for the PS3?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »