Home

Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
I only messed with the practice mode but the new swing control seems to work pretty good.
How do you aim it? Is it when you swing back, forward, both? I tried to go cross-court and it went down the line almost always.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #18
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
Has anyone tried this yet with Move?
Didn't like the Move controls: simplistic, really forgiving, and felt tacked on. Still haven't played anything that offers the precision and accuracy that Sports Champions provides with the Move.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #19
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

FINALLY... a tennis game with some freakin' commentary! And GOOD commentary at that. Adds SO much to the experience IMO... like watching a match in the middle of summer. The right stick controls were refreshing and fun as well.

I just may have to pick this up now...
Old 01-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #20
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Didn't like the Move controls: simplistic, really forgiving, and felt tacked on. Still haven't played anything that offers the precision and accuracy that Sports Champions provides with the Move.
Thanks Flawless, that's a shame since the Wii version was pretty good with motion controls.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

Surprisingly, I really liked this demo. The graphics are good, commentary seems solid and the controls are engaging. I have trouble placing the ball where I want it, though.

I can't remember the last time I bought a tennis game, but I might have to pick this up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Really impressed by the demo. It plays a lot like TS4, in my opinion, and that's a good thing. I think it's a little easier to finish off points, esp at the net, and the same goes for the CPU. The swing is a little weird at first, but I started to get the hang of it. I really like that you can ace and get aced - thought that was missing from TS4 and I got pretty good at the game.

The graphics were really good although not as good in my opinion as the video trailer were (no surprise).

I looked at the game manual and it appears that there are 128-player tournaments, which hopefully speaks for the game's career mode depth, and there is roster sharing - but not sure how many slots exactly there are. I just hope there are a lot, and that the career mode doesn't mean you have to start from scratch as a poor amateur and move your way up (I hate that, and don't have enough time to power through the career).

Really encouraged by this. I might wait til the price goes down a little bit - I can't imagine it will take long considering tennis games don't sell well - but this looks like a great competitor to TS4.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivo1050
Surprisingly, I really liked this demo. The graphics are good, commentary seems solid and the controls are engaging. I have trouble placing the ball where I want it, though.

I can't remember the last time I bought a tennis game, but I might have to pick this up!
What about the players movement though? Is it me, or is it really fast? It's as if they don't plant their feet and have that "ice-skating" feel? Honestly, I was disappointed by the demo, but I agree if they fix a few things it can be an awesome game. Just didn't seem like the tennis game took much strategy compared to top spin 4. This is go to the net, which takes half a second and then hit an easy shot. I had no chance at the baseline. Not to mention, the AI player went to the net 8 times in 3 games!!! The average on the pro tour is 8 times a whole set, which on average is probably 9-10 games.

Last edited by at23steelers; 01-10-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

I liked the commentary but they sure were going back and forth a lot - I'd really enjoy some minimal commentary for sure. Looks like this will only be turned on for specific matches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »