Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - Alien Plays with PS Move Controls

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - Alien Plays with PS Move Controls within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - Alien Plays with PS Move Controls

I saw the thread title and immediately said to my, "I think Steve's finally lost it" - then I saw the video thumbnail and proceeded to laugh hysterically!

Edit: I can't stop laughing at this!

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 01-11-2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Laughing Fit
Old 01-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #10
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

This is creepy but yeah I can see a bit of lag there but i'll still use this function soon
Old 01-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #11
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

In regards to lag, although there is going to be some lag involved, it is magnified somewhat due to it being a video of a video - putting it a little out of phase.

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
In regards to lag, although there is going to be some lag involved, it is magnified somewhat due to it being a video of a video - putting it a little out of phase.
...That and this alien has like no bat speed at all.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I don't want to get too touchy-feely on this subject until I actually try it for myself, but this is what people were saying about last year's videos with Move implementation. Low and behold, there were still delay issues.

Although, I don't know if I want to think of it as "lag" anymore. I think the problem is that this game really has only one idea of what a swing is. In other words, it doesn't technically animate with our bat when we swing, unlike the stance and swagger that we can perform with the bat. I think the game sits and waits for us to complete the proper movement when we swing, so when our bat crosses a certain plane, it tells the game "cue up swing animation." Unfortunately, this might not trigger until about halfway through our swing, I bet.

So it's a delay that is kind of at nobody's fault, unless they came up with a system where the game's bat would animate like ours, in which case you would have to be a damn good hitter to be able to make contact.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Although, I don't know if I want to think of it as "lag" anymore. I think the problem is that this game really has only one idea of what a swing is. In other words, it doesn't technically animate with our bat when we swing, unlike the stance and swagger that we can perform with the bat. I think the game sits and waits for us to complete the proper movement when we swing, so when our bat crosses a certain plane, it tells the game "cue up swing animation." Unfortunately, this might not trigger until about halfway through our swing, I bet.
I got the same impression from this alien video, and that's a similar implementation as in the HR derby in MLB11 (which I was not excited about).

But I'm a bit confused now because one of the preview mentioned that the swing speed (of the Move controller) affected the swing speed in game.

I was thinking the bat would move like the pad in Table Tennis in Sports Champions, and I think it is going to be a better system for baseball swing... But we will find out more how exactly this thing work...
Old 01-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

the alien really didn't do a full swing in the video did he? thats prob why, not really a swing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 32
I thought it was an typo and meant to say "Allen". Ok, so that what strange.... At any rate, game looks good at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »