Home

MLB 12 The Show - Online Everywhere, Unified Settings, Play Now Plus

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show - Online Everywhere, Unified Settings, Play Now Plus within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
Rookie

eMLBCommish's Arena

OVR: 5
We're arguing about backgrounds? Really? Backgrounds? Not the game...not the game....We're arguing about backgrounds??

This is beta (maybe even alpha) mode, and we're arguing about something subject to being changed 30 times before launch??

You guys are a tough crowd to please...
Old 01-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show - Online Everywhere, Unified Settings, Play Now Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMLBCommish
We're arguing about backgrounds? Really? Backgrounds? Not the game...not the game....We're arguing about backgrounds??

This is beta (maybe even alpha) mode, and we're arguing about something subject to being changed 30 times before launch??

You guys are a tough crowd to please...
Seriously, the background isn't even the topic. Some of you guys seem to play this game for strange reasons. I picture people staring at certain things like the backgrounds or closing their eyes and passionately listening to the commentary. Do you play the game ?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #11
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Who the hell is arguing? Calm down dude, its call observation. Go rage elsewhere.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
Who the hell is arguing? Calm down dude, its call observation. Go rage elsewhere.
Yeah, what's going on? Someone asked why the profile personality was missing in the menus. It's a legitimate concern because of the awesomeness of it (though I think I'm going to love this background myself), but as we all know, the game is not in the menu.

Nevertheless, people are pleased by certain aesthetics. I personally know that this game would not be the same to me if it had an MSDOS look to its menus with no sort of front whatsoever. Tell me your favorite restaurant, and tell me that atmosphere/ambiance isn't factored into your reason for loving the place. Sure, the food is great... but what about everything else surrounding it?

The guy just had a question. Nothing worse than griping about a griper. Then again, I'm griping about a griping about a griper... INCEPTION!

Really liked that podcast, by the way. Not enough can be said about the dynamics of the new ball physics engine, simply because the possibilities in themselves are limitless.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
Banned

My opinion of the menus wouldn't change even if they had a solid black background. I just don't care what's behind the words in a menu.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
True Ace

Galvatron's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch212
What happened to the stadium background? That was one of the best visual things they put in the game in a long time. Now we get another generic "sliding logos" screen? Disappointed...
Yeah I agree. I was hoping they would have possibly expanded on it with different or new angles or maybe some outside shots of the stadium. Kind of a bummer they went back to the old style, although it IS very sharp looking.

I like the way they streamlined the menu settings navigating between online areas. I hope this idea was applied to other areas of the menus as well, as going through certain tasks of franchise mode can feel a little too complicated to navigate through at times.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
Banned

JustOpinions's Arena

This is why I hate the saying save the best for last, lol this blog im pretty sure will be the least interesting of them all and its when we are most hungry for info. Too bad it didnt come out a few days before the game dropped so it wouldnt be that disapointing.

Also like mentioned lets hope the stadium backrounds are back, who knows maybe the screens we saw just didnt have a file name or whatever, or maybe the MLB 12 backround is just an option... doubtful but possible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #16
Rookie

eMLBCommish's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
I see identifying sarcasm is not a skill of yours, young padawan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »