Home

MLB 12 The Show Screenshot - Adrian Gonzalez

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Screenshot - Adrian Gonzalez within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #17
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
so its 19 total, not 19 for HR and regular swings?
19 different players signature home run follow throughs. On top of what is already in there for players.

They plan on adding to it every year.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #18
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
19 different players signature home run follow throughs. On top of what is already in there for players.

They plan on adding to it every year.
So no new regular swigs? Do you have any info on the Mets, when it comes to the game?
Old 01-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshot - Adrian Gonzalez

I don't doubt that Gonzalez did come in to do his swing for the game. As I stated before, the developers of The Show go to great lengths to give us an amazing game every year. All that I'm saying is that follow throughs need work - not just Gonzalez's. Compare these pictures to the screenshot. Stiff front leg, legs not too spread out, top arm under the chin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gl_g_gonzalez1x_576.jpg (95.5 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg 0523SOX-624x605.jpg (87.2 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg f08527_062011soxmw019.jpg (54.7 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg 18771.jpg (79.4 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by Tabata4Prez; 01-19-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
There is 19 new signature HR swing and follow troughs this year that was added over what was already there.
I know its going to seem like I am overreacting, but this is huge news for me. I've been asking for this forever!

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 01-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #21
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabata4Prez
I don't doubt that Gonzalez did come in to do his swing for the game. As I stated before, the developers of The Show go to great lengths to give us an amazing game every year. All that I'm saying is that follow throughs need work - not just Gonzalez's. Compare these pictures to the swing. Stiff front leg, legs not too spread out, top arm under the chin.
I don't know how the motion capture is done generally, but I presume that mocap is done via shadow swing/pitching, without them actually hitting/throwing a ball. If that's the case, unless the player doing mocap is really putting effort into imitating his own swing, there will be some difference.

Many pitching motions don't have realistic arm actions (i.e., many of them don't have their elbow leading the way, like the Doc Gooden pic I have as my avatar) because of this. I'm just guessing...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #22
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I don't know how the motion capture is done generally, but I presume that mocap is done via shadow swing/pitching, without them actually hitting/throwing a ball. If that's the case, unless the player doing mocap is really putting effort into imitating his own swing, there will be some difference.

Many pitching motions don't have realistic arm actions (i.e., many of them don't have their elbow leading the way, like the Doc Gooden pic I have as my avatar) because of this. I'm just guessing...
Could be, because in the "Vita B-Roll" video that was released, I noticed Gonzalez didn't really have any sort of loading stride that he has in real life (like the one where his shoulder turns in a bit and his back contorts as his weight shifts back, though he keeps a level head). I'm guessing he probably has his specific load/stride in the game, so maybe just that one video didn't show it off. I'm sure if you use analog hitting, you'll be able to see it for yourself since you control your own load. If not, maybe it's just not in the game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k

That's what it looks like. I don't even think that they'd have to go through the trouble of mocapping follow throughs to make them look better, though. Simply adding 5 to 10 follow through animations based on the swings we see in reality would be great. Most players in the MLB use a rotational swing, which puts an emphasis on rotation of the hips to generate power. The finished product of this type of swing is the player facing the pitcher, leaned back a bit with a stiff front leg. The follow through conveyed in The Show right now reflects more of a weight transfer approach which is used mostly by contact hitters or guys looking for line drives up the middle. A mixture of both would be great.

Anyway, I just realized how much I'm rambling here, haha. So I'll wrap this up.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #24
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabata4Prez
That's what it looks like. I don't even think that they'd have to go through the trouble of mocapping follow throughs to make them look better, though. Simply adding 5 to 10 follow through animations based on the swings we see in reality would be great. Most players in the MLB use a rotational swing, which puts an emphasis on rotation of the hips to generate power. The finished product of this type of swing is the player facing the pitcher, leaned back a bit with a stiff front leg. The follow through conveyed in The Show right now reflects more of a weight transfer approach which is used mostly by contact hitters or guys looking for line drives up the middle. A mixture of both would be great.

Anyway, I just realized how much I'm rambling here, haha. So I'll wrap this up.
Yeah I agree. Sometimes looking at those follow throughs, I feel as if I'm watching a game in the Japanese league, haha... most hitters there take a weight transfer approach.

Good thing is that we can expect these things to improve in future....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »