Home

Joe Danger: Special Edition Review (XBLA)

This is a discussion on Joe Danger: Special Edition Review (XBLA) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Joe Danger: Special Edition Review (XBLA)

Joe Danger doesn't know what he wants to be. His cape, body suit and helmet are modeled after famous daredevil, Evel Knievel. Yet Joe Danger aspires to be more than just a bus-jumping stuntman.

In this update of a 2010 Playstation 3 release, Joe also tries to be a motocross racer, a a freestyle trick competitor and a platforming hero ala Super Mario or Donkey Kong. Mixing together so many different play styles could have made Joe Danger the "Travis Pastrana" of video games. But unlike Pastrana, Joe Danger can't juggle these different occupations.

Like a rider attempting too many tricks in too little air space, Joe Danger's ambitions cause him to wreck.

Read More - Joe Danger: Special Edition Review (XBLA)
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

OVR: 6
I've seen this game get rave reviews from quite a few other people and have played the demo myself but a 4.5? Seems a little to low
Old 01-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
great review...i mostly agree with Jayson. A fair review...i read about Joe Danger on IGN in 2010 and war really jealous of my ps3 owning brother. 9.5 from ign for a dlc game...awesome...the it came out for 360...i picked it up...was kinda fun...but kinda dull...and the real dealbreaker is the limted line switching...why ta F*** you limit this ability??? I stopped at the first level with line switching (or without it...kinda depends on how you look at it...) and never came back...4.5 is a good score...some nice ideas...but no comparison to trials hd...
Old 01-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
I think this game got too much of a pass in the press just because it includes a ton of content and unlockables. Too many developers think that, as long as the player is constantly unlocking new things, the game is fun.

But to me, it doesn't matter how much content there is if the core game isn't enjoyable.

This game just felt like the developers had lots of ideas and tried to cram them all in instead of focusing on one particular type of gameplay and making sure they did that one style really well.

Classic example of a game that's jack-of-all-trades and master of nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »