Home

MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview - Road to the Show (PSNation)

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview - Road to the Show (PSNation) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can we view the leagues transactions again in rtts? It was taken out in 11 and it was in the game every yr since 07, As far as the the daily box scores around the league and the trades around the league!! And as far as offseason, I'm the type to sim it daily, just because I like to see all the teams updates! I like to view all the things that every team does do that I can know the upcoming teams and see who's doing what!! I'm probably one of few whom plays rtts through out the whole game with out your player fast forward, also, when will we have an option to view other games around the league??
Old 01-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview - Road to the Show (PSNation)

love it!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #11
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm waiting for the day when we can play RTTS online with other RTTS'ers on virtual teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
Rookie

willz1985's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Did you get a chance to play as a catcher? And do you know if you can not call every pitch but only play plays that involve you (Steals, Bunts, Pop-Ups)
I really hope this is an option on the game.

As much as calling the pitches is a great option i find it adds far too much time to the game. I preferred it as you said in MLB 10 with the keys plays that only involved your guy
Old 01-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 27
Icon14 Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview - Road to the Show (PSNation)

I played about a month into my 2nd season, but before I got there, I have to say that simming the off-season has been sped-up significantly, which was noticeable immediately to anyone that was paying attention. It may not sound like a big deal, but in years past, when I simulated the offseason, I could leave to make a sandwich and still have time to eat it before it would finish. This year the process takes mere minutes, which is awesome.

YES!! Finally! I absolutely hated how long simming the offseason took. I think MLB '09 was the first game that the delay started in. Very glad to hear it has been sped up once again. Great work by SCEA as always!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Did you get a chance to play as a catcher? And do you know if you can not call every pitch but only play plays that involve you (Steals, Bunts, Pop-Ups)
I don't think this is really possible. In order to know whether or not the play will involve you, the AI would have to already know the pitch that will be thrown. Since you have influence over the pitch selection, the AI has no way to make such a selection.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #15
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't think this is really possible. In order to know whether or not the play will involve you, the AI would have to already know the pitch that will be thrown. Since you have influence over the pitch selection, the AI has no way to make such a selection.
The CPU can take over the pitch calling aspect like it does for every other position you play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #16
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Judging from what I read vs what I remember in the last year's version, the only thing the game needs is more ancillary content and it'll be perfect. Things like endorsements, interviews...make your player feel more alive...but all the same.

Man, can't wait to get my hands on this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »