Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownuff
I have a question about the demo
Are you able to submit the computer now or is it like UFC 2010 (I shined I mashed, hardly ever got one unless it was on easy).
I would also take a known good submission fighter (Maia) and pit him against someone who wasn't really good at stopping submissions (Sonnen).
I was wondering if that part of the game is better now.
Good question, I'd like to know how the Subs are too...

Actually, last years' version it was easy to get subs once you realized you only go for them when the CPU's stamina was very low/gone...it was all purely stamina based.

I'd like to hear more about how subs feel to people.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Impressio

Definitely don't care for the new sub system, even in the alpha test I didn't care for it. Way too much work involved to get one. It should be ratings based and not having to chase something around an octagon based.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I actually just subbed Jones from the bottom with a kimura using Anderson at 2:51 of the 1st Rd. Admittedly I was only looking for subs to see if it could be done.
"I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces." Wanderlei Silva XBL: muaithaiko
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Definitely don't care for the new sub system, even in the alpha test I didn't care for it. Way too much work involved to get one. It should be ratings based and not having to chase something around an octagon based.
I would hate it if it was strictly ratings based. I dont know how many fights I've seen where a fighter with good submission defense get caught in a choke or sub because he was worn down and exhausted. I want a mix of subs and stamina.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #13
Rookie

toine2983's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Cant really tell from the demo because submissions are primarily based on stamina and submissions skill. The demo is only one round and only 1 of the 4 fighters are guys that I would consider even near the level of Maia when it comes to subs.

I will say that from playing the Alpha, submissions are alot easier than 2010. If you play on sim mode and work to tire your opponent, you can sub someone. I played 2010 for almost 2 yrs and never submitted the CPU. I think it will be possible this year.
That's good to hear.

I couldn't beat the CPU with submissions in 2010 either.

Looking forward to playing the demo, hopefully PS Store doesn't take forever to update today.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #14
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I think they should have "borrowed" EA's MMA submission system.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
I think they should have "borrowed" EA's MMA submission system.
I hate the choke submission system on EA MMA. Its too hard to do on the higher levels and too easy on the lower ones. Also, the UFC3 system isnt that much different than EA's choke system.

Now I do like the EA MMA submission system when it comes to arm bars. Its a great mix of stamina and button mashing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #16
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I hate the choke submission system on EA MMA. Its too hard to do on the higher levels and too easy on the lower ones. Also, the UFC3 system isnt that much different than EA's choke system.

Now I do like the EA MMA submission system when it comes to arm bars. Its a great mix of stamina and button mashing.
That's what I wanted to say, the submission system. I don't really remember the choke system. Silva choked me out in the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »