Home

After 3 Month Layoff, NBA 2K11 Cracks Top 20 Most Played on 360 - Week of Jan. 16

This is a discussion on After 3 Month Layoff, NBA 2K11 Cracks Top 20 Most Played on 360 - Week of Jan. 16 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #9
MVP

XenoZograscope's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: A Puzzling Resurgence in Popularity for NBA 2K11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardnmayo
People on my PSN list that own 2k12, I see playing 2k11 more as of late.

Im glad I still own 2k11, I play it from time to time and enjoy it so much more on the court, but since 2k12 association mode has some improvements to some things I didnt like in 2k11 I cant go back and I already went very deep in that game.

Im just trying to look past the gameplay issues I have with with 2k12(no paint defense, PGs busting amazing post moves after they pick up their dribble to score in the paint over big guys cuz they are slid out the way, CPU having better success shooting buzzer beaters with hands in their face than regular shots, horrible fast breaks, being my main ones) and enjoy it the best I could.

This is the least fun Ive had with a NBA 2K release since Ive been buying it annually and probably wont be playing it until the next release for the 1st time ever.
Same way on my PSN list as well, the majority of them have been playing 2K11 nonstop, I rarely see them play 2K12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD OF LIFE
idc what you think man, only god can jude me.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: A Puzzling Resurgence in Popularity for NBA 2K11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster
"puts hands up".

I foolishly traded in 2k11 for 2k12.

I regret it, as I cant bring myself to play 2k12 anymore.
No offense, but I get tired of you saying the same damn thing my dude. This is something we already know.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #11
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: After 3 Month Layoff, NBA 2K11 Cracks Top 20 Most Played on 360 - Week of Jan. 16

I had to buy 2k12, I missed 6 months of playing 2k11 due to basic training and whatnot, I played a few games after the last patch and liked the way game played but I had missed so much time I couldn't get back into the game the way I had been. I assumed that 2k would build on the progress they had made on 2k11 from release in 2k12 while adding some features, boy was I wrong. I keep playing 2k12 because like basketball and it has features that 2k11 doesn't but the gameplay is lacking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #12
Rookie

lockdownD's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: After 3 Month Layoff, NBA 2K11 Cracks Top 20 Most Played on 360 - Week of Jan. 16

I traded in 2k11 before 2k12 came out thinking that 2k12 would be an improved 2k11. Boy was I wrong!

I try to play 2k12 every once in awhile, but whenever I play it I am always left being very frustrated at how sloppy the gameplay is. I re-purchased 2k11 last month and am having fun once again with the gameplay - playing crew, teamup, and the jordan challenges.

Some of the things I can't stand in 2k12:

2k12 gameplay feels like your instead playing ice hockey sliding all over the place, it doesn't feel like you have as much control over your guys movement. When you try moving in the opposite direction, go for blocks, set pics/charges it feels very delayed and sluggish too.

On-Ball defense got so much worse this year. With the horrible player movement and with 2k greatly reducing the force field (bumping) offensive players can slide right by you with ease.

Passing this year is way too slow. Many passes get tipped, stolen, or bobbled to much.

When your in the paint trying to make a simple layup or dunk the ball gets knocked loose, blocked, or just won't go in alot of times which gets very frustrating.

The realistic shot releases that were in 2k11 got removed and dumb downed so pretty much all the players releases now are the same. Used to be fun having to learn and master the various players shot releases.

In 2k11 you could perform so many moves with the "Y" button - step backs, hopstep, signature moves, ect. Now you have to hold down LT and go into a animation to do anything. I liked it so much better before being able to perform moves much more quickly.

The new "Live Ball" physics is frustrating and doesn't work very well at all. Passes, Blocks, Steals, and when trying to use Turbo the ball gets knocked loose or bounces off people way too much.

Not having Crew mode this year was a major disappointment.

Not being able to play with any of the Legend team with friends online this year was a disappointment too. At least in 2k11 you could play with them sometimes in team-up games. Why they didn't at least add the ability to play with the Legend teams in private team-up this year is beyond me.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
2K11 needs the contact engine in 2K12....
Old 01-27-2012, 02:27 AM   #14
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Love NBA 2K11
Old 01-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #15
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I still have 2k11 as I want to finish the Jordan challenges...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 12
I prefer 2K11. The gameplay took a step backwards in 2K12 imo. The defensive ai is pretty ordinary this year.

I played 2K12 for about a week before putting it away, yet I continue to play 2K11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »