Home

WWE 12 Title Update Details, Arrives on Jan 30th - DLC on Jan 31st

This is a discussion on WWE 12 Title Update Details, Arrives on Jan 30th - DLC on Jan 31st within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: WWE 12 Title Update Details, Arrives on Jan 30th - DLC on Jan 31st

Props to THQ Yukes. Followed through on their promise of a gameplay patch.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #10

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

NHL 12 releases on September 13th
WWE 12 releases on November 22nd

NHL 12 barely attempts to fix their game, despite gameplay occasionally freezing for majority of its users.

WWE 12 fixes many things in their game, some aren't real noticeable, others are.

NHL/EA Sports are being outdone by WWE/THQ.....Never thought that would be said
Old 01-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #11
Rookie

LOOSECANNON's Arena

General Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where the ring texture would flash black or different colors
Never witnessed this.
  • Addressed multiple Finisher system bugs in which players were awarded too many or too few Finishers
Didn't really realize this actually until today when I was beating down Nash with Punk and Nash receives a Finisher icon as if it were nothing... So, cool.
  • Fixed an issue where the Defender would freeze if the Right Stick was pressed in any direction while being Irish Whipped
Didn't see this.
  • Fixed an issue where two Superstars in a pin sequence swapped positions when an interfering Superstar woke the referee as he/she was standing
LOL wow, never saw this either.
  • Fixed an issue where Superstars would freeze if certain running corner attacks were performed in the Royal Rumble
Is this the one where they float out of the ring and into the air/crowd during Rumbles? Then, I'm all for it. It happened in my U's RR and happens all the time on exhibition.
  • Both attacks in the Running Strikes and Running Grapples categories should now trigger consistently
Good.
  • Fixed several situations where a created Superstar’s move set was being improperly reset to default settings
Damn, that blows. I never noticed...maybe that's why my new Rock's CAW had a horrible moveset!!!!
  • Fixed several instances where players could Irish Whip their opponents through the Cell and/or Barricade
I wish I saw this happen! LOL...does this mean we now CAN Irish Whip opponents through Cell/Barracade, or can't any longer? I'm lost...
  • Fixed an issue that caused Superstars to freeze when a Finisher was performed
Never saw this.
  • Sound is now working correctly after restarting a Brawl
Didn't notice.
  • Tuned pin escape mini-game in Elimination Chamber matches. Players can now escape after being hit with a Finisher.
Cool. Wish they just SCRAPPED the escape mini-game to just button mashing...seriously.
  • Fixed a problem where tables were not properly re-spawning in Tables matches (PS3 only)
I have Xbox.
  • Fixed cameras for environmental weapons attacks
k.
  • Various gameplay bug fixes
Um, great?

Universe Mode
  • Brands can now consist entirely of created Superstars. However, match card creation still requires players to use Superstars with at least one of each crowd reaction setting (‘boo’ and ‘cheer’) to properly book matches.
The absolute BEST thing they did today was list this. I see wrestlers with both boo's and cheer's fight each other all the time. Hello Alberto Del Rio vs. Masked Kane. So, THAT part makes no sense. But at least I can now have my Thursday Show be TNA -- if they allow just the ONE brand to be had on that day -- and once again seperate Smackdown & RAW. We'll see. But what about creating brands on other nights? Like, an ECW Wednesday, or an nWo Saturday night? TOO BAD they didn't say anything about being able to create cards beforehand instead of during the event. Again, we'll see. So, far, this is the one thing that made this whole charade feasible.
  • The Draft option now functions properly
Never used it, I probably won't "Draft" until after my 2nd Wrestlemania...
  • Lowered the frequency of injuries in Universe Mode
I haven't witnessed one injury in the 3 months leading up to Wrestlemania.... I just take guys off the cards if they aren't wrestling in real life, or whatever... Yes, I'd hate to see a ton of my ongoing favorites be put on the shelf for a while, but that's what HUGE rosters are for.
  • Addressed issue where Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank winners were not getting their title shots at WrestleMania and/or the option to cash in Money in the Bank
THANK YOU! I never had James Storm involve himself in the Royal Rumble Winner's Challenge that involved neither champion. So, kudos.
  • Fixed various crashes to help improve overall stability of Universe Mode
I never noticed any crashed but during Create-a-Video type entrances. But, cool.
  • Various Universe Mode bug fixes
Cool?

• Made numerous improvements to help improve stability and reliability of Community Creations.
It still won't work .... but I only use it to make minor changes to my already full CAW roster. I WISH WISH WISH WISH WISHHHH we could do 50 more CAWS but I figured that's something that simply can't be done with a patch. If that was one of the announcements, I wouldn't care about any DLC!!!!
  • General stability improvements in Royal Rumble matches
Never played online.

Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue where the DLC versions of Edge and Christian’s entrance animations were replaced by Alberto Del Rio’s animations if edits were made to their music and/or mini-tron
I never used the DLC versions, but it'd be cool if we could use them in Universe if we wanted.
  • Players can now edit a created Superstar’s move set after viewing the model in Community Creations
Good.
  • Resolved several issues with Divas entrances
Never had an issue. How about seperate CAWs for Divas? Haha....now I'm reaching.
  • Props can now be disabled during entrances
Couldn't they always?
  • Fixed several issues with Custom Soundtracks
I never had an issue...but I did with custom soundtracks freezing during custom video entrances!!! So, this is a prime one if that's what they're referring to!
  • General stability improvements in Story Designer Mode
Never used it....wish we could "story design WITHIN Universe." Right?

As for old Kane, if you look at some of my older posts, I nailed it on the head. I knew they weren't going to be able to make the new Masked Kane (and Jericho was a terrible rumor), and they knew there were several decent CAWs of the newer Kane already out there. While the model is dated, it does look pretty awesome...so to free up a CAW spot, I will bring back "old school" Kane after my Wrestlemania and delete the Masked one. Sucks, but I can't stand having 3 Kanes when someone like Psycho Sid or Great Muta is out there... Sacrifices, sacrifices.

Overall, I'd commend THQ for "listening" to the fans and fixing up the rough edges, and hopefully our Universe and overall playing experience will be THAT much better. WWE 12 already is the most addicting wrestling game of all time (at least since No Mercy, I'd say even more-so), so I'm all for improving it by working out some kinks. Now, can I get another 50 CAW slots please? Pretty please?

Last edited by LOOSECANNON; 01-26-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #12
Rookie

xboxfever's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOSECANNON
Made numerous improvements to help improve stability and reliability of Community Creations.

It still won't work
The patch doesn't come out until next Monday. That is why it still won't work.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #13
Rookie

LOOSECANNON's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfever
The patch doesn't come out until next Monday. That is why it still won't work.
Oh, schnap! ..............
Old 01-27-2012, 06:11 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: WWE Patch Notes, Legends DLC released Date and "Make Good" DLC Revealed (Masked K

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
Maybe the current version of Kane...
Yea, you had to know that wasn't likely either. If they were going to re-scan Kane so it had his new attire and everything "baked on" like they love so much, they could have just as easily done Jericho at the same time. That was the hint right away to me that it would be an older masked Kane. And I prefer old Kane any way. This new attire looks like a 3-year old was given some crayons and given an hour to play.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOSECANNON
General Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where the ring texture would flash black or different colors
Never witnessed this.
  • Addressed multiple Finisher system bugs in which players were awarded too many or too few Finishers
Didn't really realize this actually until today when I was beating down Nash with Punk and Nash receives a Finisher icon as if it were nothing... So, cool.
  • Fixed an issue where the Defender would freeze if the Right Stick was pressed in any direction while being Irish Whipped
Didn't see this.
  • Fixed an issue where two Superstars in a pin sequence swapped positions when an interfering Superstar woke the referee as he/she was standing
LOL wow, never saw this either.
  • Fixed an issue where Superstars would freeze if certain running corner attacks were performed in the Royal Rumble
Is this the one where they float out of the ring and into the air/crowd during Rumbles? Then, I'm all for it. It happened in my U's RR and happens all the time on exhibition.
  • Both attacks in the Running Strikes and Running Grapples categories should now trigger consistently
Good.
  • Fixed several situations where a created Superstar’s move set was being improperly reset to default settings
Damn, that blows. I never noticed...maybe that's why my new Rock's CAW had a horrible moveset!!!!
  • Fixed several instances where players could Irish Whip their opponents through the Cell and/or Barricade
I wish I saw this happen! LOL...does this mean we now CAN Irish Whip opponents through Cell/Barracade, or can't any longer? I'm lost...
  • Fixed an issue that caused Superstars to freeze when a Finisher was performed
Never saw this.
  • Sound is now working correctly after restarting a Brawl
Didn't notice.
  • Tuned pin escape mini-game in Elimination Chamber matches. Players can now escape after being hit with a Finisher.
Cool. Wish they just SCRAPPED the escape mini-game to just button mashing...seriously.
  • Fixed a problem where tables were not properly re-spawning in Tables matches (PS3 only)
I have Xbox.
  • Fixed cameras for environmental weapons attacks
k.
  • Various gameplay bug fixes
Um, great?

Universe Mode
  • Brands can now consist entirely of created Superstars. However, match card creation still requires players to use Superstars with at least one of each crowd reaction setting (‘boo’ and ‘cheer’) to properly book matches.
The absolute BEST thing they did today was list this. I see wrestlers with both boo's and cheer's fight each other all the time. Hello Alberto Del Rio vs. Masked Kane. So, THAT part makes no sense. But at least I can now have my Thursday Show be TNA -- if they allow just the ONE brand to be had on that day -- and once again seperate Smackdown & RAW. We'll see. But what about creating brands on other nights? Like, an ECW Wednesday, or an nWo Saturday night? TOO BAD they didn't say anything about being able to create cards beforehand instead of during the event. Again, we'll see. So, far, this is the one thing that made this whole charade feasible.
  • The Draft option now functions properly
Never used it, I probably won't "Draft" until after my 2nd Wrestlemania...
  • Lowered the frequency of injuries in Universe Mode
I haven't witnessed one injury in the 3 months leading up to Wrestlemania.... I just take guys off the cards if they aren't wrestling in real life, or whatever... Yes, I'd hate to see a ton of my ongoing favorites be put on the shelf for a while, but that's what HUGE rosters are for.
  • Addressed issue where Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank winners were not getting their title shots at WrestleMania and/or the option to cash in Money in the Bank
THANK YOU! I never had James Storm involve himself in the Royal Rumble Winner's Challenge that involved neither champion. So, kudos.
  • Fixed various crashes to help improve overall stability of Universe Mode
I never noticed any crashed but during Create-a-Video type entrances. But, cool.
  • Various Universe Mode bug fixes
Cool?

• Made numerous improvements to help improve stability and reliability of Community Creations.
It still won't work .... but I only use it to make minor changes to my already full CAW roster. I WISH WISH WISH WISH WISHHHH we could do 50 more CAWS but I figured that's something that simply can't be done with a patch. If that was one of the announcements, I wouldn't care about any DLC!!!!
  • General stability improvements in Royal Rumble matches
Never played online.

Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue where the DLC versions of Edge and Christian’s entrance animations were replaced by Alberto Del Rio’s animations if edits were made to their music and/or mini-tron
I never used the DLC versions, but it'd be cool if we could use them in Universe if we wanted.
  • Players can now edit a created Superstar’s move set after viewing the model in Community Creations
Good.
  • Resolved several issues with Divas entrances
Never had an issue. How about seperate CAWs for Divas? Haha....now I'm reaching.
  • Props can now be disabled during entrances
Couldn't they always?
  • Fixed several issues with Custom Soundtracks
I never had an issue...but I did with custom soundtracks freezing during custom video entrances!!! So, this is a prime one if that's what they're referring to!
  • General stability improvements in Story Designer Mode
Never used it....wish we could "story design WITHIN Universe." Right?

As for old Kane, if you look at some of my older posts, I nailed it on the head. I knew they weren't going to be able to make the new Masked Kane (and Jericho was a terrible rumor), and they knew there were several decent CAWs of the newer Kane already out there. While the model is dated, it does look pretty awesome...so to free up a CAW spot, I will bring back "old school" Kane after my Wrestlemania and delete the Masked one. Sucks, but I can't stand having 3 Kanes when someone like Psycho Sid or Great Muta is out there... Sacrifices, sacrifices.

Overall, I'd commend THQ for "listening" to the fans and fixing up the rough edges, and hopefully our Universe and overall playing experience will be THAT much better. WWE 12 already is the most addicting wrestling game of all time (at least since No Mercy, I'd say even more-so), so I'm all for improving it by working out some kinks. Now, can I get another 50 CAW slots please? Pretty please?
You should try more haha. Most of the stuff you said you didn't notice you just need to adventurize some more.

Custom soundtracks continuously play during Scramble matches if you have someone come out later with an original theme.

Yes, you tell it to disable props, but they still appear. I had Kane wearing Undertaker's hat despite disabling it when I was trying to match his newer entrance.

You can use classic E&C in your universe (I think), but they aren't tracked. I haven't tested this for sure but I don't see why I can't edit a match and have them in it. I don't know this for sure, though.

Online Royal Rumble matches just "freeze" after awhile. One superstar is left alone in the ring and the match never finishes. No one else comes out, nothing.

You misinterpreted the boo/cheer thing. He's not saying you only get face vs. heel matches. He's saying you have to have at least one of each because if everyone is a face, where do rivalries come from? The game has to start with something and then there are turns and what not from that point.

Not sure how you getting that Superstars (the show) can be TNA only. It could before, all you do is edit the card to only have those wrestlers appear. There is nothing in there that says WWE Superstars is its own brand now.

I saw the interference pin situation and it messed up my plan for the US title before I unified it.

And if they fixed an issue where you could throw someone through the barricade, that means you can do it no longer. People shouldn't be running through solid objects...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #16
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Kind of wondering why they isn't at least an option for no brand extension considering the current product has basically got rid of it.

I also wish Universe Mode run ins by the AI were tweaked so the person running in actually did something instead of just interrupting a pin attempt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »