Home

Major League Baseball 2K12 Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K12 Teaser Trailer within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #25
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K12 Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_F_Z
I would bet some dough you're wrong about that. Why would they release a trailer for MLB 2K12 and have 2K11 footage in it ??
Heaven forbid we completely forgot about the recent video game trailer that was released which only contained 1.6% new footage.

It doesn't matter anyway, because this is definitely from 2K12. The night time atmosphere is far improved over 2K11. I fully expect the commentary to sound like that in-game as well, which has been a strong point as of late with this franchise. I'm liking what's coming of this, but I really hope this year isn't the end of the road for 2K baseball.

By the way, my prediction ten days ago for "trailer by the end of next week" seemed pretty on point.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 01-27-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I liked it! It looks improved graphically to me!
That was my response. The animations looked noticably improved as well, if the few shots they showed are a true indication.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Heaven forbid we completely forgot about the recent video game trailer that was released which only contained 1.6% new footage. :y14
That recent game trailer said it was 2K11 footage at the bottom though. Didn't it ?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 25
MLB 2K12 graphics: Man, those graphics are AWFUL.

NBA 2K12 graphics: Yeah, the gameplay is AMAZING! Graphics aren't even that important, as long as the gameplay is solid, etc.

My point? 2K has never had overpowering, or even truthfully good looking graphics. They've always been a step above the last-gen graphics, basically.

I will say this though: Don't know if this was in 2K11 since I didn't play it last year outside of the demo, but I did notice some "emotion" in the players (Verlander did a little snarl/gritted his teeth as he threw the pitch; batter throwing down his bat in disgust). I think emotion is always a good thing in sports game.

I will have to try the demo out to determine whether it's worth buying, and even that may be a wait since I'll most likely be grabbing Resident Evil and Final Fantasy
Old 01-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #29
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I would bet some dough you're wrong about that. Why would they release a trailer for MLB 2K12 and have 2K11 footage in it ??
2k is notorious for doing this. I know with NBA2k often the 1st few gameplay trailers are using prior year's footge. That may not be the case now like you said but it's possible. Looks pretty good to me so far..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #30
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
That recent game trailer said it was 2K11 footage at the bottom though. Didn't it ?
I wasn't talking about 2K11.

I liked the facial emotions and helmet reflections. Can't recall if those things were in last year.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I wasn't talking about 2K11.

I liked the facial emotions and helmet reflections. Can't recall if those things were in last year.
I guess you meant The Show then. I don't know why you're so scared to say it here. I mean, you mentioned it anyway.

Yea, there were facial expressions and helmet reflections last year, but the faces looked like they were constipated sometimes and the reflections weren't very good looking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #32
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3
Am I alone in thinking that Detroit's blue is WAY too light?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »