Home

NCAA Needs National Signing Day

This is a discussion on NCAA Needs National Signing Day within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
NCAA Needs National Signing Day

Today is National Signing Day, the first day that high school seniors can sign a letter of intent indicating where they plan to play college football. Sure, most top recruits have already chosen their schools, but National Signing Day always offers last-minute drama and surprises. To celebrate the occasion, let’s take a look at some ideas for recruiting and Dynasty Mode in the NCAA Football series.

Read More - NCAA Needs National Signing Day
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Very valid points. Recruiting can be and should be one of the most exciting things about a college football video game, and it's rather formulaic and boring.

Teams should be able to recruit high school players of all ages and clases. Teams should be able to offer as many scholarships as they can, and when their alotment of signees are filled then the offers are shut down. Teams should be stuck in shock when players decommit or recommit away/to them out of the blue. Teams should be able to .......(insert real life action).

We could go on for a while with the list, but the lack of detail and authenticity is what is killing EA's NCAA series from the simplest gameplay flaws to the off-season experience.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Needs National Signing Day

Would be a very interesting add to the game. Definitely would spice the edge of recruiting up a bit.

I get kind of bored of the "Oh, my dog doesn't think I should sign yet!" Or the "That's exactly what I was looking for coach."
Old 02-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

This would be a great idea to add.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is why I solely play Online Dynasty and can't even touch an offline dynasty for than a couple of weeks (real time). In OD (assuming you have a fair number of members) you actually fight over recruits with each other and the possibility of losing one more recruits is much higher.

Yes I know you fight the cpu for recruits as well but it just isn't the same with how stale the recruiting process is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
great...thanks alot...now the new feature will be "ncaa 13 now with all new signing day"

Jesus we need more people to speak up and talk about gameplay and not meaningless stuff like this. While I do agree it would be a great feature...this should only take a few days for the devs to make into the game..instead itll take a whole dev cycle.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonfb
great...thanks alot...now the new feature will be "ncaa 13 now with all new signing day"

Jesus we need more people to speak up and talk about gameplay and not meaningless stuff like this. While I do agree it would be a great feature...this should only take a few days for the devs to make into the game..instead itll take a whole dev cycle.
Have you seen the forums and the dev interactions there? No sense beating a dead horse, I think they got the point.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #8
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24
This is a great point that you all made but ea ******* won't do it until the new consoles come in 2013 or whatever they drop. We need 2k sports too get there rights back and run ea sports into the ground

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »